The Man
msg tools
Hi. Is anyone good at crunching numbers?

Take a range 3 target. Is it better to put a target lock on him and shoot some torpedoes, or missiles, or take an ordinary attack with the Target Lock, or take an ordinary attack with Marksmanship?

Take also a range 1 attack, with the extra die on the ordinary weapon. Is it better to put a target lock on him and shoot some torpedoes, or missiles, or take an ordinary attack with the Target Lock, or take an ordinary attack with Marksmanship?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Something like this?

Chances to Hit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Man
msg tools
Chances to hit is vanilla (no flame intended!). I need to throw Marksmanship and missiles into the mix
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
conedguy wrote:
Take also a range 1 attack, with the extra die on the ordinary weapon. Is it better to put a target lock on him and shoot some torpedoes, or missiles, or take an ordinary attack with the Target Lock, or take an ordinary attack with Marksmanship?

You can't fire torpedoes or concussion missiles at range 1. So this question is only relevant if you have cluster missiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Man
msg tools
Smuggler wrote:
conedguy wrote:

You can't fire torpedoes or concussion missiles at range 1. So this question is only relevant if you have cluster missiles.

There are many permutations, and yes, some missiles cannot be fired at range 1. Do you otherwise have an answer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
conedguy wrote:
There are many permutations, and yes, some missiles cannot be fired at range 1. Do you otherwise have an answer?

I do not. Didn't mean to sound sorky or imply that your question as a whole was invalid. I just reacted to the mention of torpedoes at range 1
Carry on

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
conedguy wrote:
Chances to hit is vanilla (no flame intended!). I need to throw Marksmanship and missiles into the mix

Whoa, hardcore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Di Toro
United States
Virginia Beach
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
conedguy wrote:

No flame taken. Missiles are just looking up the right position on the chart. Marksmanship odds are going to be no better than Focus odds, it's just going to provide more damage which the chart doesn't provide anyway.

Edit: No correct that, the chances of rolling a hit aren't much better, but scoring a hit are. I'll try and get a marksman chart up soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paul
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the table for expected damage

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/856660/all-the-stats-expecte...

In some ways, this is more relevant than the chance to hit.

Marksmanship is essentially the same as focus (with extra crits - I need to do that calculation)

As well, keep in mind that at range 3 you do not get an extra defence die vs missiles or torpedoes. As well, these weapons do not get an extra attack die when at range 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.