Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Poniske
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I came home last night to find a package from VPG, a boxed version of HUGS. As I understand it one of the first boxed games that VPG has produced. Smart looking packaging - the game comes in a bright red box inside a slipcover covered with cute pictures of the game's characters. Inside is a clever 3 piece mounted playboard that is pieced together puzzle style. The counters are some of the thickest, most durable components I've seen, and along with that it possesses a rule set so short that most McDonald's Menus are longer.

I'm a teacher and I've been playing HUGS with my kids and fellow staff members at school. It's brevity and whimsical style has captured hearts. Despite my hesitation over introducing it to high school students, I've found that the color and fast paced play wins them over in spite of the cutesy art. Smaller kids love it. Yeah, I'm the author and I'm going to tout my own game, but this one seems to be a winner in all age categories. Give it a look-see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.