Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
mbmbmbmbmb
Session Report First game

After two rounds of Pecunia Non Olet, our gaming group moved on to try Willis Wilde Wuhlere, another Essen acquisition brought by Michael.

This game was great fun at first, with everyone throwing a spanner in everyone else’s plans. Every time it happened, all of us would laugh loudly. Thinking about returning to your meadow? Think again! Trying to overtake me? Think again! However, this happened so often that it was impossible to win or complete the game, as everyone would have a chance to stop you, and the cards allowing the other players to do that are so easily available. After the first hour, I had given up on winning (or even getting back to my own meadow). I was the running joke throughout the game. Every time I tried to reach my meadow, I would be thwarted (sometimes one space away) to the sound of uproarious laughter. At first, I went along with it like a good sport, but after a while, I basically gave up on ever winning and was just waiting for someone to end the game. And waited. And waited (someone kill me now…). All the other players were so good at spoiling each other’s plans that the game couldn’t end! Stalemate! When we checked the rules, it was revealed that we had misread the ending conditions (we thought that one had to have at least 15 acorns in the sack plus 5 more in the meadow to win), we all agreed that this probably wouldn’t have changed the outcome anyway and abandoned the game after 2 hours of play.

Final score: Keng Ho 19 in the meadow (0) in the sack; Gladys 10(3), Siu Hean 10(4), Michael 11(0), Terence 0(19), James 14(0).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.