Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am wanting to paint some of the light grey units from the equipment pack box, and I need some colors that match (at least pretty close) the original colors of the pieces from the base box set.

The American units are an odd green, but Reaper #9013 Forest Green looks close, although it is hard to match on a computer monitor.

The German grey is a bit easier, with Reaper #29836 Military Grey looking pretty close.

Has anyone found some colors that look pretty close to the originals?

And if so, where did you buy them?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My advice is to paint them all, even if it's quick and cheerful they will match and will be so much better not looking like plastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started to paint my infantry - just the webbings, boots, helmets and weapons - and painted the tanks. I also painted the grey units taht came later with the expansions and now I regret I didn't go all the way with the infantry!
But then I just bought a lot of 1/72 figures - German, US, UK, French and Russian - and started to paint them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
philmcd wrote:
My advice is to paint them all, even if it's quick and cheerful they will match and will be so much better not looking like plastic.

I considered it, but I don't mind the plastic color, and actually have about three sets of Memoir and prefer to keep it all pretty much original, if at all possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime D.
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

we ordered "Uniform Grey" color primer for the Axis minis from The Army Painter catalog.

We have ordered others for the Finnish, French and the Polish Cavalry.

More here http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/9942002#9942002

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
I started to paint my infantry - just the webbings, boots, helmets and weapons - and painted the tanks. I also painted the grey units taht came later with the expansions and now I regret I didn't go all the way with the infantry!
But then I just bought a lot of 1/72 figures - German, US, UK, French and Russian - and started to paint them.

This tends to be a frequent and expensive habit for me too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime D.
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StevenE wrote:
Slotracer wrote:

This tends to be a frequent and expensive habit for me too...

Steven, there are more demanding and more expensive habits than the lovely one we do share. And I'm sure that less productive and healthy! So no need to blush or apologize
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.