Subject: Lead Tank - what is the significance of that rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gaz Man
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the game off of Ebay - Second day playing. I'm now the lead tank

What does that mean? - searched through the pdf rule book electronically for Lead - but it really doesn't tell you anything. any steers on this most welcome. do you get more victory points or does ambush become more onerous? - probably says something on one of the sheets somewhere

Gazman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Parsons
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
panzerfaust table on blue chart.

easy to kill lead tank with panzerfaust.

good hunting.

cheerio
mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaz Man
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mike

Knew it had to be on one of the charts - Now i wear glasses its becoming more difficult to spot these things and it don't help that the counters are small in this game.

I'm enjoying the game

Gazman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Parsons
United Kingdom
Rochford
Essex
flag msg tools
We few,we happy few,we band of brothers;For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother: be he ne’er so vile;And gentlemen in England now-abed Shall think themself accurs’d they were no here That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Gaz

also on the blue chart enemy action,battle,advance scenario modifers and to hit etc...

your tank and lead tank mean your more likely to be hit.i.e. battle scenario chart SPG/tank column hit 86-100. and on mapboard if rolled ambush will add plus 10 or 20 !! so could be 66-100 hit...!!!

I posted a good book to read on the forum,
"warriors for the working day "

excellent read of tank commanders view in sherman.

watch those 88's

mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin David Bliss
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Lead Tank is the Tank that's most likely to get shot at first. Generally because it's usually either the first one seen ( on a road ) and/or the one that's perceived as the most dangerous ( by the Enemy ) whilst in the open.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Roig
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
Talking about the Lead Tank:

What happens if the Lead Tank is destroyed, and later some other tank or AT shoots again to the Lead Tank? It shoots you? Or it counts as any tank?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Megee
United States
Edgewater Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChichoBluesMan wrote:

What happens if the Lead Tank is destroyed, and later some other tank or AT shoots again to the Lead Tank? It shoots you? Or it counts as any tank?

You won't be Lead Tank UNLESS you rolled to be the Lead Tank in the Prepare for Battle part 4.4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gaz Man
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You roll a dice to see if you are lead tank.

This affects the chances that you will be hit. If your destroyed. Then that's it your destroyed. I cannot remember exactly what you would do but if your playing a campaign game then you would to select a new tank for the next phase. I think you would also roll for a bail out too but not sure about that as I do not have the rules in front of me. And it's been some time since I played the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin David Bliss
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChichoBluesMan wrote:

This is a very good question, as this is not covered in the rules ( so far as I can see )...

I suspect the correct ruling/answer is that you take it as "Fires at any Tank" (but not your tank); until such time as you re-roll for deployment ( when you next "visit" 4.4(1) ).

However, it is also not unreasonable that Your Tank could have been behind" the Lead Tank and now could become the new Lead Tank... If you follow this line of thought then you should re-roll for your Tanks deployment as and when the Lead Tank is hit/destroyed !

Players choice re option used...

[ NB : Given the "smallish" chance of you becoming Lead Tank at a re-roll, perhaps the first option should be the preferred choice ( for ease of play ) ??? ]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin David Bliss
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JimM wrote:
ChichoBluesMan wrote:

You won't be Lead Tank UNLESS you rolled to be the Lead Tank in the Prepare for Battle part 4.4.

I think you have misunderstood the question here...

[ Please see my earlier reply. ]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin David Bliss
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gazman2 wrote:
You roll a dice to see if you are lead tank.

This affects the chances that you will be hit. If your destroyed. Then that's it your destroyed. I cannot remember exactly what you would do but if your playing a campaign game then you would to select a new tank for the next phase. I think you would also roll for a bail out too but not sure about that as I do not have the rules in front of me. And it's been some time since I played the game

Partly right and ( IMHO ) partly incorrect...

[ Please see my earlier reply. ]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Roig
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
Quote:
However, it is also not unreasonable that Your Tank could have been behind" the Lead Tank and now could become the new Lead Tank... If you follow this line of thought then you should re-roll for your Tanks deployment as and when the Lead Tank is hit/destroyed !

Actually, I like this idea. If the Lead Tank is destroyed, you roll in the Deployment Tables, and if you roll the proper numbers, you take the roll of the Lead Tanks for the rest of the Battle (not for the rest of the day)

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.