Subject: salvage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
Must I replace spare parts with another same type aircraft that's participating in the campaign? If so, that means the other aircraft can no longer fly for the remaining missions? On the other hand, if I replace with another aircraft from the aircraft deck, wouldn't that be a better option than having to spend my SO Points on repairs? Unless I'm out of backups, of course...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The *best* way to think of salvage is that you're about to send a badly damaged plane home for repair, but before it leaves your stripping useful parts from it, in order to repair other aircraft.

The *simplest* way to think of salvage is that you are transferring damage counters *from* an aircraft you're going to keep *to* an aircraft you're going to get rid of and replace with a fresh one.

So if you had two of the same model car and you were about to trade one in, you might take the better stereo and newer tires off the one you're getting rid of and put them on the one you're keeping.

So yes, the aircraft must be of the same type, and yes, the aircraft you replaced will fly no more missions, it's out of the game.

And remember that only certain damage counters can be salvaged, as listed in the rules (top of page 22).

From the bottom of p. 21

Quote:
Salvage
If you are Replacing an Aircraft that did not Crash, you can Salvage it for parts to Repair an Aircraft of the same type. If the Salvaged Aircraft did not suffer a Damage of the types listed here, you can freely Repair one of each Damage type from the Aircraft you are replacing.

Salvagable parts: HUD, Display, Controls, Engine, Cannon, Pylon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:
The *simplest* way to think of salvage is that you are transferring damage counters *from* an aircraft you're going to keep *to* an aircraft you're going to get rid of and replace with a fresh one.

Thanks. This is an excellent way to understand how to implement this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.