Hide
23 Posts

DreadBall: The Futuristic Sports Game» Forums » General

Subject: Last Weekend of DreadBall Kickstarter! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Palmer
msg tools
The DreadBall Kickstarter finished on Sunday 30th September.

I just wanted to touch base with you all and open the floor to any last minute queries - obviously we would like this to have a big finish as possible so if there any concerns, any last minute bits of feedback or things you'd like us to do (an ability to "complete" your teams is on our radar for instance) then please drop them below!

Some handy links for you:

To see what's up next for the DreadBall Kickstarter - click here.

To download the core rules - click here.

Is DreadBall just a Bloodbowl clone? Nope - and here's why.

And finally - got a rules query or question? Check out James M. Hewitt's FAQ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vanek
United States
Twinsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for ability to complete the s2/3 teams! That's the main thing I am interested in right now. I don't really care about alt sculpts/prone figures, especially as the former will delay the number of pieces getting to my door in December.

Ultimate Dreadball isn't really interesting me either as it really seems out of the scope of what I am looking for from this game (I don't think more than 2 players really works for me in a sports game (or a miniature battle game for that matter)). Off field miniatures (coaches, cheerleaders) similarly don't hold any draw. I'm buying in to get a small league running after school with my students. To that end, it is the TEAMS that are the most important thing for me to up my pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riskar M
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I am desperately looking for someone who could back kickstarter for me, since my credit card isn't accepted outside of Germany. I have paypal to pay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y. Chung
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would love to see you guys complete all the teams available in this KS including Season 2, the Asterians, and John Doe team. This means 14 players per team, alternate sculpts for each, a prone marker for each, and keeper set option for teams with guards (Asterians? John Does?)

I know I'm not the only one with these requests, coming from the Comments thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beyer
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
more.
badge
Provide the option of buying a stand-alone cardboard pitch.
The many people that bought a 'striker' pledge have enough models for at least 4 people to play but only one pitch.

If the game actually functions without the use of cards (because then you'd only have to buy another pitch), then the ability to buy another pitch might help people set up games for more friends or organize small competitions or intro nights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
蓝魔
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stunke wrote:
The many people that bought a 'striker' pledge have enough models for at least 4 people to play but only one pitch.

If the game actually functions without the use of cards (because then you'd only have to buy another pitch), then the ability to buy another pitch might help people set up games for more friends or organize small competitions or intro nights.

That's what the MDF board is for. The cost of a second stand-alone cardboard pitch is apparently more than this.

If we are going to ask Mantic to waste time & resources producing a stand-alone board then I would ask for a box game (cheaper & smaller) that came without any board so I could use the add-on acrylic or MDF one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Roach
msg tools
mbmb
Riskar M - Hit up Mantic through kickstarter with your situation. I think they might be able to help you out post-kickstarter if you can get a $1 pledge in somehow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
蓝魔
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd lke to see a similar option on the prone figures as there is with the Cheerleaders and Keepers ie: any 4 for the price of 2 (mix & match of teams).

I know the MVPs are already competitively priced but as an extra KS incentive I think many people would like to see a deal on these as well so they could get a team of "Wyn Greth'zki" or "Rico Van Dien" for exmaple ie: any 3 for the price of 2 (mix & match option from S1 & S2 again).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Böttcher
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ultimate Big Guys (Question: How many of these may be used in a team ? one ? two ? unlimited ?)

Team No. 10 - 12

alternate sculpts and prone markers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy waffles
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The ability to round out all the announced teams to all options for fielding, that would generally mean the full 16 per team. That would be perfect, and hopefully bring in more monies.

Please don't make the "Complete" team 14 minis. I will cry when I have to get the remaining 2 models to finish the options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Palmer
msg tools
Stunke wrote:

Hi Frederik - we're unable to offer a second card pitch for a couple of reason (price, Print run constraints), which is partly why we created the MDF Quadrant Zero Stadium - plus this has the added benefit of being customisable! (though you don't have to paint it if you don't want!) We've made the cards, counters and refbot available as well so you can those to Striker and play those second games.

RE - finishing Season 2 Teams
What we're thinking of doing is team upgrade packs for each team that will include extra models and prone markers to round off your team. The S2 teams will need a couple of stretches to be able to fund the extra models, and we need prone markers for Corp and Marauders. Veer-myn and Forge Fathers can be done straight off the bat.

@ Risker - we're unable to take paypal for the KS whilst it's running so if you can find someone to pledge on your behalf and help raise the total, that'd be much appreciated. However, don't worry if can't before it closes, we can take paypal after it's finished. Just need to email us

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Palmer
msg tools
mindg4m3 wrote:
The ability to round out all the announced teams to all options for fielding, that would generally mean the full 16 per team. That would be perfect, and hopefully bring in more monies.

Please don't make the "Complete" team 14 minis. I will cry when I have to get the remaining 2 models to finish the options.

The option to get to 16 will be there (well, it's likely to be 17 on the first Season 1 teams because of the ways it's configured... any extra models are great for converting new MVPs, using in Xtreme or as extra coaches, cheerleaders etc) but really 14 is all you need. With Keepers and MVPs you have a great selection of alternate sculpts you can already add to your team!

Quote:
Ultimate Big Guys (Question: How many of these may be used in a team ? one ? two ? unlimited ?)

We don't know the answer to this question because it is dependent on playtests ultimately. This is why we haven't announced team compositions or anything like that, because until the ruleset is polished and works - which is will be - we can't say if it's going to be 1,2 or 10. What I do know is from seeing the concept art I want all of them lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Shinners
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
If I want to add add-ons, do I need to do that before the Kickstarter ends, or will I be able to do so afterwards? I'm going to up my pledge to cover everything that I think I want, and with an amount that I think covers all of it, but there's a good chance I'll want to add more afterwards (since Amazon will have already charged me, so the add-ons won't feel like I'm spending so much at once - hooray for rationalizations!) AND there's a good chance that I'll miscalculate how much the add-ons I want cost (since there are a ton of BOGOs and such).

Also, any chance of making one color-coded list of what comes in each pack and all the extras with cost? So the MVPs on the list that come with Striker would be in one color, stuff that doesn't come in Striker would be in another, etc... A 'common load-out' list would be great, too: If you want Striker + all extra available teams, then you pledge X. If you also want the cheerleaders, Y. Coaches, Z. Etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy waffles
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thanks for the answer. Do you know if it is just going to be a completionist extra, or will it be on a per team basis?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Palmer
msg tools
mindg4m3 wrote:
Thanks for the answer. Do you know if it is just going to be a completionist extra, or will it be on a per team basis?

Per team. We recognise some of you might not like the rats, or you're not interested in playing or picking up the Z'zor for instance, so we're giving you the option as to which you get. You might be satisfied with the Midgard Delvers in terms of number of figures, but might want more Judwan for instance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Palmer
msg tools
MattShinners wrote:
If I want to add add-ons, do I need to do that before the Kickstarter ends, or will I be able to do so afterwards? I'm going to up my pledge to cover everything that I think I want, and with an amount that I think covers all of it, but there's a good chance I'll want to add more afterwards (since Amazon will have already charged me, so the add-ons won't feel like I'm spending so much at once - hooray for rationalizations!) AND there's a good chance that I'll miscalculate how much the add-ons I want cost (since there are a ton of BOGOs and such).

Also, any chance of making one color-coded list of what comes in each pack and all the extras with cost? So the MVPs on the list that come with Striker would be in one color, stuff that doesn't come in Striker would be in another, etc... A 'common load-out' list would be great, too: If you want Striker + all extra available teams, then you pledge X. If you also want the cheerleaders, Y. Coaches, Z. Etc...

You will have chance to add on more in the survey than what you pledged for. We will send you an invoice via paypal if the amount you pledged is lower than the value of all of the add-ons you want

We have our Striker diagram which, with the exception of Rico is up to date so you should be able to see what you're getting. Alternatively there is this thread on our forum which lists all of the rewards you get in Jack, Striker and Keeper: http://forum.manticblog.com/showthread.php?1891-DreadBall-Ki.... I'll see if I can squeeze out a recommended extras kit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Veatch
msg tools
Is the newly added Season 3: Ultimate Pitch - Multiplayer Arena available in cardboard, MDF, or acrylic?

Also any chance you could tell me the acrylic pitch's dimensions? I want to get to work on my light up pitch base so it's ready for December.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Palmer
msg tools
Re: Last Weekend of DreadBall Kickstarter! - ENDS THIS SUNDAY!
crveatch wrote:
Is the newly added Season 3: Ultimate Pitch - Multiplayer Arena available in cardboard, MDF, or acrylic?

Also any chance you could tell me the acrylic pitch's dimensions? I want to get to work on my light up pitch base so it's ready for December.

Card. There will be an acrylic/mdf upgrade next year which we'll email everyone about who has ordered the acrylic/mdf pitch

On the dimensions, I've not got one to hand at the moment sorry. I can tell you that the card one is 320x640mm.

Also, we've teased out the next couple of stretch goals:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/000/182/502/44dda50e1b81c...

Check it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Veatch
msg tools
That's perfect thanks!

...converts measurements...

Wow that's small!. But I like that I'll have no problem reaching acrossed the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Palmer
msg tools
Re: Last Day of DreadBall Kickstarter!
There are now just 24 hours to go until the end of the DreadBall Kickstarter.

Over 40 Stretch Goals have been broken creating new teams, MVPs, accessories and more – and with 24 hours left to go, there is still everything to play for!

The Kickstarter “Sweet Spots” are still available at Jack ($100) and Striker ($150) – where both packages now include at least double their starting value. That’s a lot of game goodness!

Next up:

The Zees team!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Palmer
msg tools
i'd hate to alarm anyone (and sorry for the double post!) but the Kickstarter finishes in 19 players...

Currently tracking $600,000 - Riller:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark keedwell
United Kingdom
weston super mare
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yep striker and above is the best deal .get a few friends , and you share the costs of the extras of getting the cool teashirts dice ,mdf boards .cheerleaders and lots more,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Palmer
msg tools
10 Hours to go! Currently chasing down Barricade:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.