Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Kozlowski
United States
Schererville
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question that I think I know the answer to but I want to make sure. The Warlock's ability "Blood Reaper" says that the Warlock "loses life" when he uses it. I assume that this means his life total is reduced and it is not considered "damage" and cannot be healed or regenerated. I seem to remember this being mentioned somewhere in the rulebook, but I couldn't find it. Is this right?

Also, if the Blood Reaper dies, does the Warlock get the life back?

One other quick thing while I'm on this subject of Warlock life, if the Warlock gets the enchantment cast on him that gives him +4 Life (can't remember the name right now), the status card does not have enough life points to track this enhanced life. I assume that it simply "goes off the board" but does indeed go higher than the card allows correct? The number listed on the status board is not an upper limit right? I think this also might have been answered in the rulebook.

Lastly, shouldn't the Vampire creature (don't remember its full name) be non-living? I mean...it's a vampire right? As in an undead? Or are vampires in this world living creatures (possible I guess, just really weird considering the long history of vampires being regarded as undead)? Is this simply a matter of a rules balance issue since technically non-living creatures have the "Finite life" trait and therefore cannot be healed, even by Vampirism? If so, some extra text on the card could have cleared that up while still maintaining the traidional mythos of the Vampire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvie Jarriell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't answer the blood reaper question, but the Vampire is a living creature, there are both living and undead Vampires in Mage Wars.

Below is the post about it:
http://www.magewars.com/jsite/forum/spells/677-necropian-vam...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont see why the warlock would get the life back - it doesnt say anywhere that you do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree...I think that's the price you pay when you deal with the devil and his demons... devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
I was curious about the Blood Reaper ability as well. But I think since it says "loses life" instead of "takes damage" it comes from his max life. Which seems kind of fair since he starts with 6 more life than the Wizard and Priestess anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Bernard
United States
Lansdale
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also assume, since there is no limit to your mana supply, that there is also no limit to your life either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Guytan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Warlock loses Life, meaning his total Life. He does NOT get it back when the Blood Reaper dies. Only Damage can be regenerated/healed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brandon neadles
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Then we have been playing the blood reaper wrong. We've been dropping damage marker not life.

When the blood reaper dies can't another minion be made the blood reaper? If so, does the life total then go down again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brandon, I do believe the Warlock's Life would go down again...when another demon is summoned.
Not his Damage marker up, but his Life marker down...

Scary/Risky Business

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.