Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Verzijl
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a blocking character gets discarded during the combat phase, is the attacking character still considered to be blocked?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Waddel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
It depends on the situation. If you have a card that discards a "blocking" character, then no the attacker is allowed to hit your opponent's deck. Say you declare attackers and blockers and deal combat damage, and then you discard a card that was a blocker, your character is still considered blocked. Those are a few of the examples that I can think of. Some "defender" cards have more power than your attacker cards. You can discard some cards after combat damage is dealt. If you have the rules, you should be able to see the blocking rules in there. I believe that there are cards that discard blocking characters. I think that you have to discard them around the time that you declare the attackers and blockers. Again, it depends on the situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Olcott
United States
Fairborn
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I see the benefit is, even though your attacker doesn't hit the opponent's deck, neither does it take damage from the blocker. Plus, at least you got rid of one of your opponent's characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.