Popular Tags: [View All]
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
As I come across rules questions, answers and clarifications over on ConsimWorld, it is my intention to cross post them into this topic. Unless indicated otherwise, the answers and clarifications are by the designer of the game, Dan Verssen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I understand how the tactics counters work... It doesn't say so, but I take it the restriction on one tactic counter at a time really means you can't swap tactic counters either during the turn. Otherwise you could put an offensive counter on a plane, then swap it to a defensive one when attacked.

Right, you cannot swap counters. Once a Tactics counter is placed it stays until the next Jettison step.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see ANY reason for a slow pilot not to use the offensive counter, since no one will be able to attack him anyway before the counter goes away.

The cost of a Slow pilot using an Offensive counter is that he can not have used a Defensive or Suppression counter earlier in the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the Suppress counter mean you cannot do anything else than suppress, or what? Can a plane with a suppress counter on it make several suppression attempts?

A Suppression counter allows for one Suppression attempt. You can still conduct your normal attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is much mention through out the rules regarding the Mission Display. There is no Mission Display, in the PDF version, and the references are obviously meant for the Tactical Display or the Base Display. Yes?

Yes, I will change Mission Display in the rules to be Tactical Display.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tactic Counters-Under the Offensive/Defensive section, 2nd paragraph, 2nd sentence says "subtract 2 from all his attack rolls, including suppression." However, you can only have one tactic counter at a time. The defensive counter would preclude placing a suppression counter. Yes?

Good point. I should not have added that 'Suppression" part. I will remove it from the rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Base Display-Sequence of Play outline. Under step #10 & #12 it shows removing Fast or Slow Tactic counters. But the rules say to remove counters under step #9. I'm assuming the rules are correct and the SOP has a reference left over from Hornet Leader. Yes? This is important as the use of the Tactics Counters is very important in Corsair Leader.

Correct. The rules are right, all Tactic counters get removed during the Jettison step.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When making an AtG attack with ordnance the rules say to drop "any and all weapon counters". Does this mean you can drop individual bombs at a time if more than one is carried? I think the intent is that you have to drop all ordnance carried at the same time.

You need to declare all the bombs you are going to drop in that attack. You don't have to drop all the bombs carried, but you can't drop one bomb, roll and see the result, then drop another bomb, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first Bandit/Site to-hit numbers are red w/white backing while the others are plain. The rules don't mention this. Are they for a future variant or just that way because they are (no purpose)?

The first Site/Bandit attack number is the one that shows when a Stress point has been inflicted. I made the white background to help that first number stand-out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Morss
United States
Sanford
Maine
flag msg tools
Can damaged Hornet perform an attack with gun?

Damaged aircraft cannot attack or suppress in any way.

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/6048412#6048412

Even though the question is from the Hornet Leader II forum, it very likely applies to Corsair Leader, too, since CL is derived from HL II.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are Tactic counters only used when over the Target Area? And how many attacks can a single pilot suppress in a turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.