Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eduardo Cominguez
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The mission ask to enter in combat with an almiral and defeat him or flee after a combat.

My questions are:
1) Do Almiral means a naval ship?
2) If try this mission, do I became a pirate?

Thank you.
Eduardo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
United States
Up Nort' Der
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
VAST: The Mysterious Manor
badge
DV: Anakin Skywalker was weak. I destroyed him.                 AT: Then I will avenge his death.             DV: Revenge is not the Jedi way.         AT: I am no Jedi.
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes. The card does say you have to board a Naval ship (so a Pirate NPC will not work).

2) You'll gain bounties like normal, because the card doesn't say that you get to ignore or avoid them.

If you had no bounties and you attack the Naval ship, you will get the matching bounty (and become a Pirate) whether you defeat the ship in combat or you use the option on the card to escape after boarding.

If the ship attacked you (because you already had a bounty) you'll only gain an additional bounty if you defeat it, like normal. Using the mission card to escape will not give you any additional bounties (similar to if you managed to flee successfully).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ecominguez wrote:
The mission ask to enter in combat with an almiral and defeat him or flee after a combat.

My questions are:

Thank you.
Eduardo.

A minor point, but you don't have to defeat the Naval Captain to fulfill the mission. You just need to successfully board his ship and survive one round of crew combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Cominguez
Argentina
Buenos Aires
Capital Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rianane wrote:
ecominguez wrote:

My questions are:

Thank you.
Eduardo.

A minor point, but you don't have to defeat the Naval Captain to fulfill the mission. You just need to successfully board his ship and survive one round of crew combat.

Yes, that is what I wanted to say when I say "flee after a combat"... anyway, if I escape after a first attempt, I became a pirate... so it is a mission that could stay there forever if you don't have a good pirat as a player.

Thank you.
Eduardo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you did say that. Apparently your ability to write english is better than my ability to read it. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.