Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Well, duh. I thought it was obvious.

And, as if the Obama-phone wasn't enough, Romney also sucks. Game over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
*yawn*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And yet, Romney is losing to him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:

I thought I explained that in the subject line of this thread. Absolutely nothing matters that Romney does because he didn't promise phones to likely voters.

Real. Clear. Politics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

I thought I explained that in the subject line of this thread. Absolutely nothing matters that Romney does because he didn't promise phones to likely voters.

Real. Clear. Politics.

Actually, in your own video she says they 'got an obama phone'

So not a promise after all.

Mitt should promise them ipads. Then bill it back to them under 'cost of business' in the federal budget, like a shrewd businessman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So not only is the anti-Obama argument basically, "Some of his supporters are unsavory, oh my stars and garters," but the underlying premise that Obama just gives stuff away is based on a program started under Reagan.

No wonder Romney is losing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
I'm just sad that her vote counts as much as an informed person's.

There are far more stupid people voting than informed people on both sides of the political spectrum. Get used to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:

Ah you mean like the "bright" minds that inhabit a discussion board about sex, politics, and religion on a website dedicated to board games?

Stupidity is relative. Even the brightest mind can be idiot and have blinders on.

Forget the iPads. Romney just needs to host one big picnic with fried chicken, collard greens, and plenty of watermelon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:

Meh. People like her balance out all the Tea Party votes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
COMPNOR wrote:
Forget the iPads. Romney just needs to host one big picnic with fried chicken, collard greens, and plenty of watermelon.

Good luck charging $50,000-a-plate for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Tripp gets bored so he posts the Obama phone video. All that does is sully Saint Reagan a little and prove there are some uninformed Democratic voters. Guess what, there are some uninformed GOP voters as well, but they get a bit more than who started the phone program wrong:

But I think Tripp already knew that this worked for both sides, so this thread says more about Tripp than about either party's constituents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Tripp gets bored so he posts the Obama phone video. All that does is sully Saint Reagan a little and prove there are some uninformed Democratic voters. Guess what, there are some uninformed GOP voters as well, but they get a bit more than who started the phone program wrong:

But I think Tripp already knew that this worked for both sides, so this thread says more about Tripp than about either party's constituents.

So just saying you watch Fox News or have traditional Christian ideas makes a person crazy? There were some people in there I'd dismiss as lonies, such as the Birthers, but a lot of those folks even while I might strongly disagree with them I'd not call crazy.

EDIT:
Yes, there was at least one racist idiot too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
So just saying you watch Fox News or have traditional Christian ideas makes a person crazy? There were some people in there I'd dismiss as lonies, such as the Birthers, but a lot of those folks even while I might strongly disagree with them I'd not call crazy.

EDIT:

Moshe, I didn't call anyone crazy. I said uninformed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
whac3 wrote:

EDIT:

Moshe, I didn't call anyone crazy. I said uninformed.

The video title and theme music does though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Well, one thing is certainly consistent - RSP liberals have a great degree of difficulty laughing at themselves. Which is why I have embraced the chore of laughing at your for yourselves.

Somebody has to do it because there is so much to laugh about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Right. It's the famous Tripp 'joke' thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tripp, you'll get a kick out of this one then:

Seems like he's right up your alley.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks Josh, but I don't watch Fox News or clips from Fox News. Instead, I watch old TV shows on Netflix and just come here for a summary of what you and the other libs saw on Fox, heard on Limbaugh and Hannity and read in Michael Savage's latest bestseller.

In the future, just summarize, demean and marginalize. I'll laugh at all the appropriate times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Thanks Josh, but I don't watch Fox News or clips from Fox News. Instead, I watch old TV shows on Netflix and just come here for a summary of what you and the other libs saw on Fox, heard on Limbaugh and Hannity and read in Michael Savage's latest bestseller.

In the future, just summarize, demean and marginalize. I'll laugh at all the appropriate times.

All I was doing was trading a video for a video. I didn't even say anything negative. Just seemed like your kind of joke.

Jeez, persecution complex?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
I watch old TV shows on Netflix

No way. We have one thing in common. Who would have thunk it. Do you watch Netflix on your computer or TV?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

All I was doing was trading a video for a video. I didn't even say anything negative. Just seemed like your kind of joke.

?

Huh? What the hell are you talking about? Like I said, I rarely watch anything having to do with Fox, clips or jokes... anything. So in order for me to enjoy the video it's your job to summarize it and then tell me where to laugh. I will do so.

Disclaimer - I like Neil Cavuto and will sometimes watch it. I used to watch Red Eye but lately I have found that staying up late makes me drowsy the next day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
DWTripp wrote:

?

Huh? What the hell are you talking about? Like I said, I rarely watch anything having to do with Fox, clips or jokes... anything. So in order for me to enjoy the video it's your job to summarize it and then tell me where to laugh. I will do so.

Disclaimer - I like Neil Cavuto and will sometimes watch it. I used to watch Red Eye but lately I have found that staying up late makes me drowsy the next day.

How do you post up videos if you don't watch them? Just go off blind faith in the tag line? That actually puts some things in perspective.

edit:Or did you mean anything to do with fox:Including clips or jokes? The syntax got me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because the Republicans have failed to provide an alternative.

http://econlog.econlib.org/archives/2012/09/why_obama_will.h...

Quote:
An article yesterday by Conor Friedersdorf, "The GOP Wasted 4 Years on the Wrong Critique of Obama's Foreign Policy" plus my own observations of Mitt Romney and his apparent strategy now convince me that Barack Obama will be re-elected.

Why do I think Obama will win? Because, as Ron Paul has pointed out many times and as my friends, the late Roy Childs (here from about 4:00 to 7:00) and Murray Rothbard often pointed out, Americans tend to vote for the peace candidate. Barack Obama as the peace candidate? That's ridiculous. Yes, it is. He tripled the number of troops in Afghanistan and has stepped up the drone attacks on people in Pakistan, Yemen, and elsewhere. So why do I call him the peace candidate? It's relative. To Romney. Romney seems to want to stir things up with the Russian government and seems to want a bigger U.S. military presence in the Middle East. Many of his foreign policy advisers are George W. Bush neo-con retreads. So, yes, by contrast with Romney, ridiculous as it sounds, Obama is the more peace-oriented candidate.

Romney's one chance was to stick to economics. Though, even on economics, he hasn't sounded convincing, he's running against a guy with a huge deficit, a growing debt, the unemployment rate above 8 percent, huge government spending, a weak recovery, and a regulatory bureaucracy that's out of control. It should be easy to win. Even if your own economic proposals aren't very good, it should be easy to win.

Some Republican friends compare this election to the 1980 election where Reagan was running against Jimmy Carter and Carter's record on the economy was dismal. Not a bad comparison. So let's finish the comparison. As Roy Childs pointed out in the segment I highlighted above, in September and early October of 1980, Carter started to score points against what looked like a very hawkish foreign policy stance by Reagan and pretty much tied Reagan after Reagan had come off the Republican convention in Detroit with a double-digit lead over Carter. (Roy remembered it as 40 points; I'm skeptical.) Reagan seemed to moderate and, of course, came through with a convincing margin of victory. But, Mitt Romney, I knew Ronald Reagan and you're no Ronald Reagan. Many people have commented on Romney's tin ear and my impression is that it's true. And one problem with having a tin ear is that you can't hear it when people say you have a tin ear. Romney seemed to like what Clint Eastwood said in his speech at the Republican Convention. Did Romney hear what Clint said about Afghanistan? I reported it at the time and emphasized it. He said:
But you [talking to an imaginary Obama] thought the war in Afghanistan was OK. You know, I mean--you thought that was something worth doing. We didn't check with the Russians to see how did it--they did there for 10 years.

As I wrote, "Clint Eastwood is no dummy. He knows, as well as he knows what three words follow 'Go ahead,' who started the war in Afghanistan." Moreover, Clint's next words were:
You [imaginary Obama] gave that target date [for getting out of Afghanistan], and I think Mr. Romney asked the only sensible question, you know, he says, ``Why are you giving the date out now? Why don't you just bring them home tomorrow morning?''

If Romney were to advocate getting out of Afghanistan--and Iraq, and Germany, and Japan, and Korea, and, and, and--tomorrow, and if people believed him, he would win by a landslide. But he won't and he won't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Shadrach wrote:

edit:Or did you mean anything to do with fox:Including clips or jokes? The syntax got me.

This.

I really don't watch the clips posted here if I see Fox news. Or, for that matter, MSNBC. The reason for not being interested in Fox clips is they are always posted as if they were from news programming but usually they're Hannity or someone doing a show. I have no interest because it's not funny and it proves only that some people dislike the shows on Fox.

I also rarely spend more than 60 seconds watching a clip. Why? because who cares one way or the other what some moron with a camera phone says? I don't. But, if its hilarious, like the lady in the OP, I watch it. That one I got because I was flipping channels today in the car coming back from somewhere and all I heard was her, not sure what the show was. So I got home and Googled "Obama phone". MGK would be proud of me. I even posted the clip on my FB page (where I have a zero-tolerance on political discussion because anyone who I haven't unfriended there I actually like) and got some great responses. Mostly non-political.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
I love this thread so much. It is like being at Thanksgiving with a family that hates each other, but agrees to join hands at the table...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.