Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve D
United States
Jim Thorpe
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm fairly new to the game having only played it a few times solo but have been pondering some custom boards to reflect certain movie scenes, or moments. A few questions I have are the following:

Does zone/room size matter? for example an open parking lot broken into a fewer zones having more open space to more quicker through (also allowing more zombies to horde the same space) Most buildings are broken down into the same size rooms (3 different sizes). Does this seem to impact the game if there is too much limited or open space?

Would having an elevated area only accessible by a ladder or other survivor only way of getting higher up seem too over powered? I look at it as if someone was to climb up on a billboard and start shooting, Yes they are safe from attack, but the horde will only grow leaving them stranded as the more noise produced would produce more zombies heading their way.

thats it for now. I have a few more ideas but they only build off of the two above. I'd be interested in hearing what some of the other players thoughts are.

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
belltowersteve wrote:
Does zone/room size matter? for example an open parking lot broken into a fewer zones having more open space to more quicker through (also allowing more zombies to horde the same space) Most buildings are broken down into the same size rooms (3 different sizes). Does this seem to impact the game if there is too much limited or open space?

To simulate, and play-test, a 'parking lot' with open space you could use tile 7B and place an open door on each of the 4 sides of the central building.

(assuming that's the kind of layout you were thinking of)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Warner
United States
Hanover Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to tweak the zombie splitting rules if you have a large parking lot area as any diagonal would cause a split every time. You can see this as a problem in some existing scenarios when you spawn a large building and sometimes there is already a lot of splitting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which is why, for us, we random roll to decide which way the odd one out goes.
But thats us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Finally someones doing their own board sections. When I first saw the game board I thought that this was too easy to customize and even after getting the game I still believe that the right photoshop people out there, can make any settings availeable in zomvbicide if testing them enough.. looking forward to see what you come up with...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ling

New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been working on such a thing. I've got it printed out, but I've found many things needed to work out... I'll trow my stuff up in this section....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Beachler
United States
Woodburn
OR
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'll probably jump in once I've made a few high resolution scans of the original boards. Many of the boards are nearly identical so I'd like some variation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.