United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
See subject.

To elaborate,

It reads, cast this spell to rotate all creature dice in your active pool to a level one side and summon them for free.

So, as we've played it,

My buddy rolls a fistful of dice, 3 of which are creatures and this die.

The die rolls spell side up.

He casts the spell and now he has 3 level 1 creatures(one is a seraph, that's cool.) and whatever the other two dice showed up as.

Next turn, he culls 3 dice, and next turn has a very high chance of rolling a fistful of creatures and the cantrip again. Just to be safe he has two cantrips.

This spell is amazing right?

I'm playing it correctly yes?

It's pretty amazing right? Like, almost too good?

Thoughts?

-Luke
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it's very good, particularly with the basic rules where when you score you get to cull your own dice. If this card is in the mix, regardless of the rules in play, it will probably be part of the winning strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a great effect, yes, but counterbalanced by the stipulation that you can't keep any level 2 or higher creatures you may have rolled, and level 1 is usually the weakest side.

On a related note, what happens if you have Ooze dice, which have no level 1 side, only level 2? You would be unable to rotate that die anywhere that would satisfy the spell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
The situation with the ooze came up during that game.

We just played it as the spell having no effect on that die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trevin wrote:
It's a great effect, yes, but counterbalanced by the stipulation that you can't keep any level 2 or higher creatures you may have rolled, and level 1 is usually the weakest side.

Sure you can.

------------------------------------
Card Text: (from the Wiki as I don't have the card handy right now)

Cast this spell to rotate all Creature Dice in your Active Pool to a Level 1 face (of your choice) and summon them (for free).
-------------------------------------

You simply activate/summon your creatures that rolled over Lv1 first (moving them into your ready area, as per your Quiddity in the roll allows) and then they aren't in your active pool to be rotated to Lv1.

And yes, it's a very potent spell.

And for the Ooze....that's what we've been playing it as, they don't have a Lv1 face so they can't benefit from it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevin Beattie
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're absolutely right. I was thinking of this charm as an immediate effect, but it's not; it isn't readied until the summoning phase, and then can be used at any time during one's turn or saved for a later turn.

That renders my question about the Ooze a non-issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.