Popular Tags: [View All]
S P
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I haven't seen an update for this project in a while. Any word on this game (and Skyline) and if the October timeframe is still a possibility?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
Rodego wrote:
I haven't seen an update for this project in a while. Any word on this game (and Skyline) and if the October timeframe is still a possibility?

Yap, have been wondering about this also. Will the estimated time is within reach?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Schindler
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael left a comment in the Kickstarter comments section that an update will be coming soon. My guess is some delay. (Dice quality for Skyline was mentioned.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Martin
United States
Reynoldsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it is not delayed, this will be the only KS project I have backed that wasn't!

But if it is a trade off between quality and getting the game sooner, I would take quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Walker
United Kingdom
Liphook
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that I am picking up 12 copies of this at Essen for the saving in costs that brought (which was the main justification with my wife for getting an Essen pass this year) I am in deep do do if this does not make the show...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike G
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
The latest update was just sent out. Here's the email I just got:

Quote:
Project Update #20: Ground Floor Status Update
Posted by Michael Mindes
We have been waiting for further information from partners of Panda Game Manufacturing until today, and thus now that I have sufficiently accurate information, it is time for an update.

The initial shipment of dice for Skyline was found to have some defects, and I am thus grateful to Panda Game Manufacturing and the quality control which they exert over the games they manufacture. The initial shipment of dice was picked over by hand to assemble the number of copies required for the Essen pickups.

There is currently a Chinese national holiday (which seems to happen a lot...) and the Essen pickup copies will be shipped by air freight to Germany, leaving on the 8th of October and should arrive on the Friday the 12th or Monday the 15th. So, we should have our copies to distribute at Essen.

Pickup will be at the LocWorks booth in hall 4. The exact booth location will be sent in the upcoming survey for the Essen pickups.

Non-Essen Pickup, AKA Everybody Else

The remaining balance of dice for Skyline will be received by Panda around October 20th, which means that the remaining balance of games should be finished by the end of the October. After this, they will be promptly put onto a ship for ocean freight and delivered to you once we have them in the warehouse.

Thank you for your patience.

Michael

tl;dr: It'll be ready for Essen, the rest of us are likely getting it November (or end of October if we get very lucky!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think November is optimistic. The games will be arriving in the TMG warehouse in Mid-November, hopefully. So then packing and shipping to the many backers... I would think early December is likely a best-case scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
So, Michael just mentioned about Skyline dice and its problem. How about the Ground Floor? Everything is on schedule?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skyline is going to be packed inside of the Ground Floor copies, so a delay for Skyline is a delay for Ground Floor.

Cameron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed the Kickstarter campaign, but I will be in Essen. Does anyone know if there will be some copies available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point, no one seems to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Mitchell
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Do I have overtext?
badge
Yes I do.
mbmbmbmbmb
sneuhauss wrote:
I missed the Kickstarter campaign, but I will be in Essen. Does anyone know if there will be some copies available?

According to the comments from Michael on the kickstarter page, only those people who kickstarted and selected "Essen pickup" will be able to get their games at Essen - he will not be selling it there.

On the kickstarter page, it says "Kickstarter and Retailer Preview Night copies will be released at least 1 month before any further release. This includes any conventions." and I'm sure Michael is sensitive to the potential backlash if this did not hold to be true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.