James Webb Space Telescope in 2018!
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
There's hope...

http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2012/09/26/161824667...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
No love for this one? It seems to me the conservatives are starting to come around on climate change. That's huge, in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the problem is the Right doesn't have anything snide to say about it ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mb
I've seen recent articles saying that US independents do care about climate change. So I expect the GOP will have to give ground on this sooner or later. Could it even loose them this current tight election?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is interesting to juxtapose with my recent thread about long-term trends and the political challenges they represent. This is similar to articles making the conservative case for gay marriage. I don't think either one would get much play if those issues were seen as winners, but as they become increasingly seen as election-losers I think we'll see more and more articles of this type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inglis proposes eliminating government incentives: no more tax breaks for solar panels or electric cars; no more subsidies for oil companies. Then, he says he would impose a carbon tax on fossil fuels.

Let's try doing that in the other order, and maybe he can get my support. And the problem is that the proposed estimates of the cost of global warming (that some people propose to use to set carbon tax rates) are way, way too low.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
mb
I recall reading an RSP'er make similar arguments as Inglis' a few years ago.

The GOP- and conservatives/libertarians more generally- need to get over the Climate craziness, because otherwise, when this does become a very serious issue, they're not going to have a seat at the table where decisions are made.

Darilian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.