Mikael Lyck
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
Poll
What do you think FFG will release first, Big ships(Star Destroyers and such) or "Expanded" univers(Episode 1-3, clone wars and such)
Big ships(Star Destroyers and such)
"Expanded" univers(Episode 1-3, clone wars and such)
I belive they will stick with small ships from the classic triology
      158 answers
Poll created by Lyckan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Lyckan wrote:
Poll
What do you think FFG will release first, Big ships(Star Destroyers and such) or "Expanded" univers(Episode 1-3, clone wars and such)
      158 answers
Poll created by Lyckan

Does there seriously need to be an Xth thread on this exact same topic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikael Lyck
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
Lyckan wrote:
Poll
      158 answers
Poll created by Lyckan

Does there seriously need to be an Xth thread on this exact same topic?

I did not see another thread that talked about this redirect me and i will remove it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Foulk
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/859959/tie-defender

b.t.w. to those who voted for big ships - you do realise that FFG have committed to produce all models at a standard scale - 1/270th - (at the insistance of Lucas's company I believe)

Which means a an Imperial Class Star Destroyer model would be almost 6 meters long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They don't need to do the whole ship, and they don't have to be miniatures.

They could be sections only and they could be play mats.

They will have to come up with ground rules (they'd be mad to overlook ground and ground attack craft when Hoth and, to some extent, Endor are so iconic) and those rules could be used for other surfaces, like star destroyers and death stars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see a Battle of Hoth / Ground Battle Game with miniatures but I would prefer a different game that doesn't let me fight AT-STs with the Millenium Falcon.

If it's the same game, how slow can AT-STs be compared to an X-Wing?

Rules for fights on the Death Star Surface with turrets etc. is another thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McD
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ashman wrote:
I would love to see a Battle of Hoth / Ground Battle Game with miniatures but I would prefer a different game that doesn't let me fight AT-STs with the Millenium Falcon.

If it's the same game, how slow can AT-STs be compared to an X-Wing?

Rules for fights on the Death Star Surface with turrets etc. is another thing.

Not saying the miniatures would be compatible, but they'd be mad to have the licence and not exploit it. And if you make up the rules then why not apply them to capital ships?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athos
United States
Milwaukee
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is absolutely no indication that FFG has any intention or maybe even licensing to do anything in the prequel universe. Everything that they have released for Star Wars has so far been in the original trilogy universe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Expanded Universe != Episode 1,2,3

Either way, I think they'll do original trilogy EU before prequels.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
foulksy wrote:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/859959/tie-defender

b.t.w. to those who voted for big ships - you do realise that FFG have committed to produce all models at a standard scale - 1/270th - (at the insistance of Lucas's company I believe)

Which means a an Imperial Class Star Destroyer model would be almost 6 meters long.

Doesn´t sound like Lucasfilm was part of descision of the scale, apart from approving it in the end:
"As we set out to design our miniatures and our game system, we needed to choose the scale of the game. Too big, and the gameplay would be unwieldy and take up too much space. Too small, and we’d lose unacceptable amounts of detail, and the models wouldn’t have the physical presence on the tabletop we were seeking. After creating a series of crude rapid prototypes in various sizes, we finally chose 1/270 as our final scale. At this size it was possible to maintain most of each starfighter’s fine details while also making it possible for those players interested in staging larger battles to field a significant number of fighters on the gaming tabletop."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.