Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » SA (Adelaide)

Subject: Seeking casual gamers in Mount Gambier (SA) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Pellen
Australia
Mount Gambier
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In recent years I've really gotten into my "Euro Games". Games like Carcassonne and Catan were really what introduced me to how good board games are now-a-days, and I enjoy both the simple and complex range available. I usually struggle to get 3 or 4 players that are free and keen to play, and as such thought I'd post this in the hope of finding like-minded individuals happy to get together for some casual gaming.

Here is my collection thus far... I think this really shows what games I enjoy, but I'm always on the look-out for discovering new Euro games:
meeple http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/cleanoff meeple

If interested, or just wanna say hello, please post here or inbox me.

John
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Sworc
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi John,
Do I beleive my eyes? Another gamer in Mt Gambier!
I'd love to get a bit more regular gaming in, so please, let's catch up and anyone else in the area please feel free to contact us.
Andy
p.s. I am on holidays for another week...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Walker
Australia
flag msg tools
3+4MoreFun
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also new to the area, and very interested in joining in as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Sworc
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. We'll be in touch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Pellen
Australia
Mount Gambier
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
intellismartness wrote:
I am also new to the area, and very interested in joining in as well.

Sounds great... check your messages ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Pellen
Australia
Mount Gambier
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Me, Andy and Adrian are having great fun... SURELY there are others in the Mount Gambier area? Don't be shy, come say hi!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven James
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a pity I'm not in Mt. Gambier !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Sworc
Australia
Adelaide
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the record, games played so far...

Merchants and Marauders
Dixit
Alien Frontiers
King of Tokyo
Dominion
A Game of Thrones
Aquire
Battlestar Galatica
Kingdom Builder
Kingdoms
Formula D

And tomorrow night, a blast from the past... Warhammer Quest.
Maybe Smash Up and the new expansion to King of Tokyo if we're still kicking... which we usually are!

p.s. Mt Gambier is only a casual 5 hour drive away. I've driven further for a coffee!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven James
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sworc wrote:

p.s. Mt Gambier is only a casual 5 hour drive away. I've driven further for a coffee!

Hehe...even further when you live on the other side of Adelaide, like me I'll take you up on that if ever I'm around MG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Walker
Australia
flag msg tools
3+4MoreFun
mbmbmbmbmb
And next time, hopefully, an introduction to
Dominant Species and
Puerto Rico.

Our games played so far have now been geeklisted at http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/150939/mount-gambier-gamer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Pellen
Australia
Mount Gambier
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
intellismartness wrote:

Awesome job Adrian... love ya work !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Pounsett
Australia
Mount Gambier
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies.. I feel like a sad necro doing this but I could not believe my eyes as I (for once) checked out the SA sub forum. Board gamers.. in the Mount?!

It cannot be! Funnily, my wife and I kept saying we needed to put up notes somewhere to LF board gamers since I have a growing collection of board/card/dice/rpg games yet only the 2-3 of us to play..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Pellen
Australia
Mount Gambier
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jayven wrote:
Apologies.. I feel like a sad necro doing this but I could not believe my eyes as I (for once) checked out the SA sub forum. Board gamers.. in the Mount?!

It cannot be! Funnily, my wife and I kept saying we needed to put up notes somewhere to LF board gamers since I have a growing collection of board/card/dice/rpg games yet only the 2-3 of us to play..

All good... I noticed you sent me a PM too. I'll be in touch tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Pounsett
Australia
Mount Gambier
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That I definitely did. I PMd you but got a response from Adrian Check with him to get an update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Pounsett
Australia
Mount Gambier
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to pipe up about how the weekend went with Power Grid. Aside from learning the rules, once we almost hit Phase 2 or once we did hit it, Tmara and I knew what we were doing and did actually enjoy it quite a lot

We're definitely looking forward to more gaming in the future

It was a pleasure to meet you lot

Also, once we get a heater for our gaming room, we'd be happy to host a night at our place sometime as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keegan Miniatures
Australia
flag msg tools
Reckon it's great what you guys have done, nice to see a gaming group in the Mount again, wishing you all the very best of gaming, Hussar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Pounsett
Australia
Mount Gambier
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kgnmntrs wrote:
Reckon it's great what you guys have done, nice to see a gaming group in the Mount again, wishing you all the very best of gaming, Hussar

Excellent to see another notice the thread! Infact, in the last month, we created a guild here to have a place to try and organise gaming in advance.

Gambier Gamers

I need to get around to posting more pictures infact since Marrra and I played Alien Frontiers for the first time with John and Trish. Much fun that was! For once I enjoyed watching others win and seeing the bitching flow around the table

I also need to pull my finger out and get into a regular set of sessions of X-Wing with John and others (if anyone else plays, like Andy played with John's minis).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.