Sor Pampurio
Italy
Rome
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...what are the difference?
There is a Place to go and Download???

I've Axis 1942 second Edition i can use its rules?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The new editions of the 1940 games use the Alpha 3 rules. They also include a lot of new minis, including unique sculpts for Italy and ANZAC. However, if you can live without the new toys, you will be able to play 2nd edition of you already own the 1st edition by downloading the rules and setups once they become available. They are not yet available, but they will be at some point.

These games are different from 1942, as they add a layer of complexity. They include political rules, bases (air and naval), new unit types (mechanized infantry and tactical bombers), and China and Italy as playable powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sor Pampurio
Italy
Rome
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Kevin!
All clear!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky Clayton
United States
Houston (Summerwood)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Ebay does have the rule book for sale for Europe 1940 and Pacific 1940 second editions for $3.95 each and $2.65 shipping each. They may combine shipping I forgot to ask. Seems pretty cheap....

meeple Vicky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thor1 wrote:

Ebay does have the rule book for sale for Europe 1940 and Pacific 1940 second editions for $3.95 each and $2.65 shipping each. They may combine shipping I forgot to ask. Seems pretty cheap....

meeple Vicky

Thanks for the head's up, Vicky! I just bought a copy of both - they're cheaper than if I printed the PDF's myself, when you consider paper and printer ink!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Second Edition Rulebooks can now be found on the Wizards Axis & Allies download page. The setups are still not yet available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sor Pampurio
Italy
Rome
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vicky Clayton
United States
Houston (Summerwood)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The guy selling the rulebooks is with Historical Board Gaming. I am not sure that web site has them, but his Ebay site does. Its an epic game. Had to have extras. Surprised I found them this early. Hey Leo, you are welcome!

meeple Vicky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.