John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to laugh aloud. Motherfucker is my favorite swear word and no one says it like Samuel L. Jackson.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
By the same group:

I don't think she has "big naturals"? Or at least my definition of big is different than hers...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
I couldn't watch that through to the end. Is meter so hard to not fucking bend?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris R.
United States
Unspecified
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
By the same group:

I don't think she has "big naturals"? Or at least my definition of big is different than hers...

I think she meant "big" as in "reasonably substantial" rather than "oh my god I'm going to suffocate under this opera singer don't let them find my body like this."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, that makes sense, but I still say she's false advertising:

Now, she does have a nice ass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
Crystal Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read about this and when I finally went to watch the video, I could believe how fucking terrible it was. Bad rhymes, bad meter. Wake the fuck up and hire an actual poet to write it, huh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I must not be the target demographic of this video. It makes me sick to my stomach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sikeospi wrote:

Now this. I like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the Sarah Silverman one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dandechino wrote:
sikeospi wrote:

Now this. I like.

You do? Why? Even if you don't agree with the first video at least they are talking about differences between the positions, our policy in the middle east isn't likely to change drastically right now regardless of who we elect however so that's a total non-starter for a "rebuttal."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Message wrote:
dandechino wrote:
sikeospi wrote:

Now this. I like.

You do? Why? Even if you don't agree with the first video at least they are talking about differences between the positions, our policy in the middle east isn't likely to change drastically right now regardless of who we elect however so that's a total non-starter for a "rebuttal."

There's more than two parties I believe. Also the first video isn't talking about differences in positions so much as fear mongering and propaganda.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dandechino wrote:
The Message wrote:
dandechino wrote:
sikeospi wrote:

Now this. I like.

There's more than two parties I believe. Also the first video isn't talking about differences in positions so much as fear mongering and propaganda.

There are only two viable parties in this country. It's extremely unfortunate but it's true. As for your other point, it's both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Message wrote:

There are only two viable parties in this country. It's extremely unfortunate but it's true. As for your other point, it's both.

They're only as viable as the people believe them to be. If I vote I'm going to vote for what I actually believe in-- perhaps the lesser of three evils in some instances (I'm not a complete stubborn purist).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dandechino wrote:
The Message wrote:

They're only as viable as the people believe them to be. If I vote I'm going to vote for what I actually believe in-- perhaps the lesser of three evils in some instances (I'm not a complete stubborn purist).

One vote doesn't matter, the cheery democratic ideal of making a difference is empty. I probably won't vote, regardless of whether or not I do the results are going to be the same.

Or to put it another way, currently the people (as a general majority) believe them to be viable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dandechino wrote:
jmilum wrote:

I'm a bit confused...

Obama is on the left but the red border is on the left. So the romney donations are in the left column right?

The donation amounts are quite a bit different in scale. On average, the financial industry is donating about eight times as much money to the red bordered candidate on the left side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's pleasant to see so much money being blown on a candidate and it not automatically putting the election in the bag.

Also, sara is a decently pretty girl but I have never seen such an unsexy shot of a girl with her legs wide open in a bikini.

I've always found her more offensive than humorous. Which is odd because i normally like raunchy humor. Hell, i'm a big fan of "Archer".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
dandechino wrote:
jmilum wrote:

I'm a bit confused...

Obama is on the left but the red border is on the left. So the romney donations are in the left column right?

The donation amounts are quite a bit different in scale. On average, the financial industry is donating about eight times as much money to the red bordered candidate on the left side.

Look up the current numbers on the website. They have gone up since then. Usually they hedge their bet with one candidate and put their money down on the horse they think will win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dandechino wrote:
Look up the current numbers on the website. They have gone up since then. Usually they hedge their bet with one candidate and put their money down on the horse they think will win.

Couldn't find that chart on the opensecrets.com website. Is it there, or did someone else come up with it? If it's there, can you provide a link?

EDIT:
I found lists of top donors, and here's how they play out:

Obama
University of California $703,781
Microsoft Corp $544,445
Google Inc $526,009
Harvard University $431,860
US Government $396,550
Deloitte LLP $369,401
DLA Piper $367,027
Stanford University $326,942
Sidley Austin LLP $312,278
Kaiser Permanente $303,163
Time Warner $295,030
Columbia University $264,588
Comcast Corp $261,274
University of Chicago $227,525
IBM Corp $218,761
Skadden, Arps et al $214,766
US Dept of State $213,256
Wells Fargo $202,216
National Amusements Inc $197,342
University of Michigan $190,862

Romney
Goldman Sachs $891,140
Bank of America $667,139
JPMorgan Chase & Co $662,719
Morgan Stanley $649,847
Credit Suisse Group $554,066
Citigroup Inc $418,263
Wells Fargo $412,250
Barclays $403,800
Kirkland & Ellis $393,667
Deloitte LLP $355,390
HIG Capital $338,000
PricewaterhouseCoopers $333,600
Blackstone Group $313,725
UBS AG $308,130
Elliott Management $281,175
Bain Capital $268,470
EMC Corp $252,250
General Electric $214,450
Ernst & Young $212,025
Sullivan & Cromwell $197,150

Those numbers are very different from the ones you originally posted, and the implication of the placement in the charts you posted - that Obama is getting a shitload more money from corporate donors than Romney - is just not supported. So where did those come from?

Also, there's this caveat about the donations, which we should know already, but just in case:

Quote:
This table lists the top donors to this candidate in the 2012 election cycle. The organizations themselves did not donate, rather the money came from the organizations' PACs, their individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families. Organization totals include subsidiaries and affiliates.

Because of contribution limits, organizations that bundle together many individual contributions are often among the top donors to presidential candidates. These contributions can come from the organization's members or employees (and their families). The organization may support one candidate, or hedge its bets by supporting multiple candidates. Groups with national networks of donors - like EMILY's List and Club for Growth - make for particularly big bundlers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Golux13 wrote:
dandechino wrote:

Couldn't find that chart on the opensecrets.com website. Is it there, or did someone else come up with it? If it's there, can you provide a link?

EDIT:
I found lists of top donors, and here's how they play out:

Obama
University of California $703,781
Microsoft Corp $544,445
Google Inc $526,009
Harvard University $431,860
US Government $396,550
Deloitte LLP $369,401
DLA Piper $367,027
Stanford University $326,942
Sidley Austin LLP $312,278
Kaiser Permanente $303,163
Time Warner $295,030
Columbia University $264,588
Comcast Corp $261,274
University of Chicago $227,525
IBM Corp $218,761
Skadden, Arps et al $214,766
US Dept of State $213,256
Wells Fargo $202,216
National Amusements Inc $197,342
University of Michigan $190,862

Romney
Goldman Sachs $891,140
Bank of America $667,139
JPMorgan Chase & Co $662,719
Morgan Stanley $649,847
Credit Suisse Group $554,066
Citigroup Inc $418,263
Wells Fargo $412,250
Barclays $403,800
Kirkland & Ellis $393,667
Deloitte LLP $355,390
HIG Capital $338,000
PricewaterhouseCoopers $333,600
Blackstone Group $313,725
UBS AG $308,130
Elliott Management $281,175
Bain Capital $268,470
EMC Corp $252,250
General Electric $214,450
Ernst & Young $212,025
Sullivan & Cromwell $197,150

Those numbers are very different from the ones you originally posted, and the implication of the placement in the charts you posted - that Obama is getting a shitload more money from corporate donors than Romney - is just not supported. So where did those come from?

Also, there's this caveat about the donations, which we should know already, but just in case:

Quote:
This table lists the top donors to this candidate in the 2012 election cycle. The organizations themselves did not donate, rather the money came from the organizations' PACs, their individual members or employees or owners, and those individuals' immediate families. Organization totals include subsidiaries and affiliates.

Because of contribution limits, organizations that bundle together many individual contributions are often among the top donors to presidential candidates. These contributions can come from the organization's members or employees (and their families). The organization may support one candidate, or hedge its bets by supporting multiple candidates. Groups with national networks of donors - like EMILY's List and Club for Growth - make for particularly big bundlers.

You're numbers appear to be the most recent for 2012. That chart I posted may have been 2008 I'm thinking?

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/contrib.php?cid=N00009638

Obama 2008:
University CA $1.6 mil
Goldman Sachs $1 Mil
JPMorgan Chase 808k....

Looks pretty similar in some respects to who is donating to Romney this time around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Schaeffer
United States
Unspecified
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dandechino wrote:
You're numbers appear to be the most recent for 2012. That chart I posted may have been 2008 I'm thinking?

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/contrib.php?cid=N00009638

Obama 2008:
University CA $1.6 mil
Goldman Sachs $1 Mil
JPMorgan Chase 808k....

Looks pretty similar in some respects to who is donating to Romney this time around.

Yes, the red-bordered list appears to be the final tally for Obama in 2008. I don't know what the blue-bordered list represents - maybe it's a Romney donor list from earlier in this campaign.

I'm not sure what we're supposed to take from it. "Look, all those corporations that went heavily for Obama in 2008 are now going for Romney"? So what? I don't find that suprising at all, let alone sinister. Certainly the initial impression of the red and blue charts was that Obama was getting more support this cycle than Romney from a lot of the same donors, and that's absolutely not what those numbers show.

EDIT: Actually, looking at the red and blue charts, I see the tag line is "No significant difference." That is just plainly a false assertion based on comparing Obama's donors from 2008 with Romney's donors now. If you look at the two charts of 2012 donors, I don't think there's a single overlapping entity, despite the caveat about organizations that hedge their bets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.