Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rock-Con primarily focuses on miniature-style gaming, but also has a "board gamers' corner" with a pretty big selection of games to choose from and the "Board Gaming Isn't Dead" open (war) boardgaming event Friday night.

There will also be a free (with admission) "paint n' take" miniatures painting area where you can try your hand at painting (with tips from an
expert standing by if you'd like), a silent auction, dealers, and tournaments in games like Warhammer and Flames of War.

Also a small section of the event will be reserved for "Dorkstock," where you can meet comic artist John Kovalic (of the "Dork Tower" comic series) and play games (primarily the ones featuring his artwork iirc).

Other special guests will include Tom Wham, James Ward, and Dan Houser.

For more information, check out www.Rock-Con.com

(This even looks like it could be huge this year - I went for the first time last year and it was a pretty large event, taking up half of a large indoor athletic center (so it was probably as big as a few gymnasiums put together) and this year they're apparently taking the whole complex, so it looks like it will be doubling in floor space).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve S
United States
Roscoe
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personal side-note:
I honestly couldn't care less about most of the mini gaming, but part of me is really hoping I might be able to gather up a few people for open gaming in regards to some of the games I have that would like to play and for the life of me can't get to the table - topping that list is probably 18AL, as I can't think of many opportunities I'll have to get in a 5 hour rail/stock game.
I made a list of stuff I'm hoping folks might be interested in ( [geeklist=146587]here[/geeklist] ), so feel free to check it out and let me know if there's something you might be interested in. (I haven't decided for sure when I'll be there but the highest probability is Saturday).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.