Popular Tags: [View All]
William P.
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello fellow gamers,

With all the great games, designers and publishers out there it is inevitable that some games get duplicated or triplicated in theme, content, etc. But without all the money in the world to buy and try every game I, and many other gamers, are left trying to decide whether to buy X or Y. My hope in starting this thread is that people who have bought and or played both of the games in question might advance there thoughts and ideas on the games in comparison to one another so that other BGG'ers would be able to determine where to spend there well earned dollars.

Up for comparison today are
Eminent Domain Vs. Ares Project

Both are sci-fi based card games with mechanics for empire building, combat and tech development.

What are the pros and cons of each game? How are they similar or different? All opinions are welcome.

Thanks for your time and your posts.
Happy Gaming

William =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done a bit of reading on the two games, but I haven't played either.

My impression is that Eminent Domain is a more streamlined game that uses role selection and deck building, while The Ares Project is more heavily themed, has more rules, and has four races, each with its own special abilities. Both games involve building up your own stuff, but Eminent Domain players attack planets, Ares Project players attack each other's stuff directly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.