Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Pomozzi
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have a two player variant for this game. I got it for my birthday and would like to play it with my wife. If you have played a two player variant before, was it good?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game cannot be played with two players simply on how the mechanics work.
And as stated the largest part of the game (negotiations) will simply be non existent turning the game into elaborate game of risk basically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Pomozzi
United States
Chesapeake
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense. Looks like I'm going to have to round up some friends that also read the books I'm sure they will play. Thanks for the info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith M. Sandler
United States
Framingham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Play Hammer of the Scots to tide you over. It worked for us! Not exactly the same, but the map looks similar, there are changing loyalties, supply, asymmetrical sides, and interesting decision-making. Now, the real question is, who is working on Westeros-themed stickers/map boards for Columnia's block games?!

-kMs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neko flying
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have really enjoyed two or three Lannister vs. Baratheon games. Even without diplomacy and backstabbing, there's a lot of meat to the game for it to be playable 1vs1 if both players enjoy strategical and tactical manoeuvring.

IIRC we played with the three players setup, with the Iron Islands and some Stark territories removed from the game. Perhaps Baratheon had a slightly better starting position, but it was still quite playable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Roos
United States
Guilderland
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just thinking as a 2P Variant would this work?

You split up the houses either, 2 each or 3 each (if you're very ambitious).

Then you secretly (writing it down) predict the final outcome. Predicting the number of strongholds/castles that each house will have at the end of the game. Whoever comes closest to their prediction is the winner.

I think this might maintain the soul of GoT because you become sort of a puppet master for your houses and in fact sometimes you want your own houses to do poorly and the other players houses to succeed. But your opponent has to sniff out what you're up to and try to counteract it.

Basically the scoring would be in the negatives. And perhaps the penalty is double for your own houses.

For example say player A controls Stark and Baratheon.
Player B controls Lannister and Greyjoy.

Player A Predicts: Stark 6, Lannister 5, Baratheon 4, Greyjoy 4.

The actual result is Lannister 6, Stark 5, Baratheon 4, Greyjoy 5.

So Player A's score is: -4. -1 for Lannister, -2 for Stark (double because he controlled the house), 0 for Baratheon and -1 for Greyjoy.

Additionally it would probably be wise to have an overall low limit for predictions, to prevent turtling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Christodoulou
Greece
flag msg tools
Last night we played a pvp with my bro.

I took Lannister he took Stark BUT...we also inserted Baratheon and Greyjoy as forces that whenever a Game of Thrones card comes up we can bid to take as allies z(and thus control).

It came up good enough to have a fun evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heikki Elsilä
Finland
Rauma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/8294921#8294921

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.