Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mike berk
United States
rancho cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I attack a creature with the defense ability and he successfully rolls the number to avoid an attack, do I lose the spell and have go pay the mana cost still.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Guytan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you still use the mana to cast the spell. It's as if, say you cast a Fireball, and the fireball misses, because the creature jumped out of the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike berk
United States
rancho cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how we played just wanted to confirm, thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike berk
United States
rancho cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do I have to say what type of attack I'm using. I read it as I declare I'm attacking a creature, he chooses whether he uses his defense and then rolls. If he successfully avoids the attack. So could I claim to use a regular attack so I don't waste mana or a spell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Bernard
United States
Lansdale
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xtsgarp wrote:
Do I have to say what type of attack I'm using. I read it as I declare I'm attacking a creature, he chooses whether he uses his defense and then rolls. If he successfully avoids the attack. So could I claim to use a regular attack so I don't waste mana or a spell.

I believe you have to declare which attack you are using when you declare the target of the attack. Say for instance, a creature had two attacks, one of which was unavoidable. You would not let the defense roll, and then declare you are using an unavoidable attack.

Basically, since different attacks could potentially modify the defense roll, it must be declared first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike berk
United States
rancho cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah just read in the rules you pay any costs in the declare attack phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick C Connor Jr
United States
Jamestown
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for all the rules "chatter"!

Remember, for more up-to-date rules information check out our Forums at www.magewars.com!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Patrick..I am trying desperatly, lol, to get into those forums and it won't recognize my login info.

I (mistakenly?) registered with Arcane Wonders first...email said "click here to confirm, I did and all seems well. However, that login info will NOT work when I click he MageWars link. When I tried to register with MageWars it says I'm already logged in (to Arcane Wonders?)

It's a mess I can't figure out...but I want access to reply and post in those forums, hehe.

Any ideas?

Sorry to hijack the thread blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Nietzel
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
same issue with the log in. sorry to assist the highjacking.

above rule interpetation is correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.