Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m about to start a game of Little Stalingrad, Scenario 17. (I’m really looking forward to this one!) In it the Canadians have three satchel charges. The special rules state that they may treat any Move order as an Advance order so long as one of the activated units has a satchel charge. My question is how do the Highlanders actually use the satchel charge's 12 FP if they can only use (i.e. fire) them during a Fire order? If they do that they will no longer have them during the Move (Advance) order. I must be missing something obvious. Please help. Thanks in advance!
~ Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone dalla Chiesa
Italy
Cassina de' Pecchi
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A unit possessing a Satchel Charges while activated to Move does not "use" the charge. It just holds it. But if you use a Satchel Charge in a Fire attack, the charge is eliminated and so unavailable for the Movement-Advance shift bonus. So don't throw them at the enemy, keep them for the bonus only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Albert
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
friendc wrote:
The special rules state that they may treat any Move order as an Advance order so long as one of the activated units has a satchel charge.

You already have it. If one of the activated units is holding a satchel, and activated for a Move, all of those units activated with it on that Move can treat the order as an Advance. Once a unit is no longer holding holding a satchel -- because it used it during a Fire order, or it was jammed and eliminated, whatever -- it no longer has that capability.

You're inferring something that isn't there. Easy to do, but a cardinal no-no of CC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder what that simulates if they do not use the charge?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Albert
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mcszarka wrote:

The line before it in the SSR states it's "beehive-shaped charges and PIATs at point-blank range."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mcszarka wrote:

The SSR explains that the Canadians used beehive-shaped charges and PIATs to blast holes in building walls. So, I assume the Canadians are carrying a stash of charges they can use slowly to blast holes in the walls (SSR) or use together to attack the enemy (Satchel Charge).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for the very quick response everyone. That makes sense. Once again, as always, if you seek answers, this great forum is the place to get them!
~ Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Friend
United States
Sierra Vista
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From A bridge Too Far - "Bring up the PIAT!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Collars
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
People are going to freak out when they see the counter sheet for C3i Nr 26...devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.