Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a spinoff of this thread: Mayday looking for sleeve recommendations from players

Mayday now sell black-backed textured sleeves that I really like and I asked at the end of the thread if they're planning on making these in more colours (because I would prefer different coloured sleeves). In response they said:
maydaygames wrote:
@Daniel, what colors would you like us to start with, we have been asked this before and would love to do some others, maybe 4 more colors to start? Let us know your opinion and we can do it!

In fact if someone wants to start a pole for this we could use that to make the best sleeve colors for all.

So that's what I did and here it is. What colours would you like?

Poll
Mayday games produce awesome black-backed textured sleeves for MTG-sized cards. Which other colour(s) would you like to purchase?
red
orange
yellow
green
blue
violet
white
other (please comment below)
      30 answers
Poll created by Deebs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riskar M
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what about clear ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Riskar42 wrote:
what about clear ?

They already make clear sleeves.

They also make these sleeves, but we would like them to make them in colours other than black:

Mayday Games new black backed and textured sleeves

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Colors that would be easily distinguishable to people with color blindness or even in low light (for example, often blues and greens, and yellows and whites look similar when not in bright light).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
Preferences in order:

White, Blue, Red, Yellow.... maybe Green.
The prevalent form of colourblindness involves confusion between red and green. The next most frequent problem is green vs blue. The common element is green - so it makes sense to put the others first.

But it is probably more important to choose shades sensibly. An excellent example is Blokus: colours were chosen so that there is a greyscale distinction.

vs

Players who might have difficulty splitting red from green will nonetheless be quite able to play Blokus, because the green is paler.

It is rarely a good idea to use intermediate colours: brown confuses easily with red and green, purple with red and blue, pale pinks etc become difficult in artificial light.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, we will take this suggestion and make them with grey scale differences as you suggest!

We are launching in 4 new colors shortly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.