M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmb
I own this game and have it unplayed on a shelf. Waiting to come off. Haven't read the rules yet. I notice this is a "2-4" player game. And the "User Suggested # of Players" has 0 votes.

So,...

Is this game a good 3 player game? Or is it more like a "either 2, or 4 (prob. 2 teams) - forget about 3" sort of thing?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. R. Tracy
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any multiplayer game will be team play by necessity, but either side breaks down nicely into separate commands. One player could take the US while the other two could split the Japanese, for instance. Both sides have logical divisions of labor, given the victory conditions. An alternative would be having the third player be the umpire, to raise the fog of war quotient. I think the double-blind system works fine as it is but an umpired game might provide an enhanced experience.

JR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
luca revello
Italy
biella
italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes,
it' possible to play in 4 and 5 with a referee.

Each fleet is shared in two parts to permit and easy management of pieces in play among players.

A secret is to permit only to exchange among players messages wrote on paper pieces with no more than 10 words each.

A referee permits to control the messages and insert "wrong" messages to create more realism. if US knows japanese secret-code referee can also give some message to the opponent. Fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.