Subject: "Traitor" Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason K
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone plays the "Traitor". There are no special rules required to play the Traitor, except you must refer to him as the "Traitor". (It's more of a theme-driven mechanic.)

And, don't worry, I've got a few other variants in the works. I'm thinking of maybe changing the 5 to a 4. Or a green dot. Or an emoticon of some sort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure that is needed. The game itself is a traitor to all sense of anything decent connected to playing games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason K
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
docreason wrote:
Not sure that is needed. The game itself is a traitor to all sense of anything decent connected to playing games.

Seriously, dude, this is horrible.
The game ought to be about fixing the game. Now that could be interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GreatDebate wrote:
docreason wrote:

Well, part of it also is that I happened to do a 2 player traitor game with press your luck elements in the form of Traitor Race. I didn't think of taking this game in that direction, but someone else is free to, if they like.

Actually, I do welcome people to come up with a metagame about fixing and making W.W.B better or worse. Heck, make it go viral and get on knowyourmeme.com .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason K
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
docreason wrote:
GreatDebate wrote:
docreason wrote:

Well, part of it also is that I happened to do a 2 player traitor game with press your luck elements in the form of Traitor Race. I didn't think of taking this game in that direction, but someone else is free to, if they like.

Actually, I do welcome people to come up with a metagame about fixing and making W.W.B better or worse. Heck, make it go viral and get on knowyourmeme.com .

You can't make it worse - only harder. You've actually accomplished your mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GreatDebate wrote:
docreason wrote:
GreatDebate wrote:
docreason wrote:

You can't make it worse - only harder. You've actually accomplished your mission.

And here is an interesting thing to ponder. Is a game horrible because it can't be made worse, or that there is nothing you can do with it to make it better, and still keep it what it is?

W.W.B can be made harder (or ergonomically more annoying), but intrinsically, I am hard pressed how to change its nature to make it worse. So, in pondering this, and actually getting the game to market, I have thought what to do with it. If a game can be plainly done, and be horrible, do I have to make the components weirder? Can it be horrible being manufactured as cheaply as possible so it has a chance to sell?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.