Eminent Domain» Forums » Rules

Subject: Depleted research stack leader role bonus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Johansson
Sweden
Solna
flag msg tools
Scenario: We are four players, one of us depletes the research stack, does he get the bonus on his role on the turn that he depleted that stack or is the role bonus "activated" after his turn?

I am very sorry if this question already has been answered, but none of us found it answered on the forumms, maybe this scenario is very clear for everyone else!

Sure the rules say "when the stack is depleted" and thus means that the person depleting the stack gets the role bonus. At least that is how we played, but we also discussed it a bit!

Thank you in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What it means is that when a stack is depleted there are no more cards to draw, but that people who choose that role (with the exception of placing a colony card under a planet) get to count that extra card. So if research is already depleted and I choose research as my role and have 4 symbols I can count that extra card that I would have drawn as my 5th. I can also choose Colonize and settle a planet even if I don't have any Colonize cards in my hand using a virtual card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Johansson
Sweden
Solna
flag msg tools
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Round Lake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think of it this way:

If I draw a card to use as my role, I follow the instructions on the card.

If there are no cards to draw, I use the instructions on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deathweasel wrote:
okay... so if there are cards still there can I just choose to play cards from my hand or MUST i take a card into my discard deck?

I guess i do right?
If there are still cards in the Role stack, you must take a card from the stack into your play area. During the clean-up phase of that turn, that card -- plus any that you played from your hand to Boost that Role -- will go into your discard pile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.