Subject: RWB Stars Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcus Kielly
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When rolling a RWB Stars, the manual says to add 1 White result. Do you roll that result, or simply choose a "virtual" result that you'd prefer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
sunwukung wrote:
When rolling a RWB Stars, the manual says to add 1 White result. Do you roll that result, or simply choose a "virtual" result that you'd prefer?

Choose 1 white result of your choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Kielly
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

OK - despite all my years, I can get confused even in the face of clear explanation. I came here with this same question...

The way the rules are worded causes me to say, "Well it depends on your definition of "result".

Seriously, each time I read from the rules, "Add 1 WHITE result of your choice to your Final Tally...", I interpret:

"OK, for any white die I have in my final tally (i.e., a white "result") I can add [a copy of] it to my final tally".
Thusly, if a white Star & a white Soldier are in my Final Tally, then I can CHOOSE one of those RESULTS and add (a copy) of it. I don't know of any other way to interpret "white RESULT". ("Result" being the operative word).

However, the answer providied in this thread says you can make up your own [virtual] white die to add to the tally. If that was the case, I would've expected the rules to more clearly read, "Add 1 WHITE die of your choice to your Final Tally."

BTW, I like being able to choose your own result (or would it be "make up" your own result) much better. I just can't unwrap my noggin from the way I'm interpreting "result". I'm often anal over how words are crafted so to provide 100% clarity. I drive myself nuts in the process.

Thx!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

If that was the case, I would've expected the rules to more clearly read, "Add 1 WHITE die of your choice to your Final Tally."

I get what you're saying, but if we said "add 1 white die", then a lot of people would've understood "add a die and roll it".

In our rulebook, the term "result" means "the symbol printed on the face of a die". As in "change the result of your die".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Got it!

Your involvement in these discussions is much appreciated.

Thx!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Fitzmaurice
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To add to this - does the White result appear in Phase 1, or Phase 2 - if in Phase 2 is it early enough to trigger a further RWB bonus?

So final tally of RWB Star, Red double trooper, Blue double trooper and white medal - I choose to add a White Star from the RWB - can I now trigger the RWB of 6 extra soldiers?

Cheers
Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
myrm wrote:
To add to this - does the White result appear in Phase 1, or Phase 2 - if in Phase 2 is it early enough to trigger a further RWB bonus?

So final tally of RWB Star, Red double trooper, Blue double trooper and white medal - I choose to add a White Star from the RWB - can I now trigger the RWB of 6 extra soldiers?

Cheers
Tim

Yes, you can trigger another RWB with the White result. That's the whole idea behind this RWB bonus.

E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Arena
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm still confused -- are you saying you would choose to use the RWB Star bonus to add a "White double trooper" so you would get the "Fresh Troops" bonus on top of your "Leadership" bonus? These posts seem to be implying a second "White star" would grant this bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gascoigne wrote:

I'm still confused -- are you saying you would choose to use the RWB Star bonus to add a "White double trooper" so you would get the "Fresh Troops" bonus on top of your "Leadership" bonus? These posts seem to be implying a second "White star" would grant this bonus.

Yes. The RWB "Leadership" can give you a White "2 Soldiers" result, which would in turn give you a "Fresh Troops" RWB.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Arena
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the extra "white die" is whatever result I want it to be.

Thank you for the reply Emmanuel.

You have made a really intriguing design for us all to flex our gaming muscles with!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Falko Heise
Germany
Bad Salzulfen
Unspecified
flag msg tools
One more time :-)
for the example with the rwb stars and the red and white double soldiers and the white medal:
The leadership gives you the chance to turn the white medal dice (and use it for double soldier) OR
one white virtual soldier dice.

In the first example you get no medal, cos you used the white star otherwise.In the second you still get medal, hence you got an virual dice.

I just dont understand it fully...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thylon wrote:
One more time :-)
for the example with the rwb stars and the red and white double soldiers and the white medal:
The leadership gives you the chance to turn the white medal dice (and use it for double soldier) OR
one white virtual soldier dice.

In the first example you get no medal, cos you used the white star otherwise.In the second you still get medal, hence you got an virual dice.

I just dont understand it fully...

The Leadership RWB gives you a virtual White die result. It does not allow you to change the result of a White die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.