Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed R
United States
Huntington
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been playing the Keldons AI here and there for a few weeks now and have been enjoying the game.

Yesterday I had forgot to bring a game with me to play at work,(Firefighter on his overnight) so I decided to go ahead and buy the actual game with The Gathering Storm so I could play solo.

I had a great time! I played 4 solo games last night before taking a break to watch the football game. Lost all 4 quite badly but had a wonderful time doing it. I wish I had bought the game awhile back when I first started checking it out here on the geek.

Great Game! I look forward to many more solo plays and hopefully finding another person to take a chance to learn it and get some 2 player games in as well.

As a side note I wish I could get some of my coworkers who complain of boredom between calls to start playing some games with me. Unfortunately not one of them has given gaming a chance yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edjrjr wrote:
As a side note I wish I could get some of my coworkers who complain of boredom between calls to start playing some games with me. Unfortunately not one of them has given gaming a chance yet.

You could start with standard 52 card deck games, and eventually move on from there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed R
United States
Huntington
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah they will play poker, but thats about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
edjrjr wrote:
I have been playing the Keldons AI here and there for a few weeks now and have been enjoying the game.

Yesterday I had forgot to bring a game with me to play at work,(Firefighter on his overnight) so I decided to go ahead and buy the actual game with The Gathering Storm so I could play solo.

I had a great time! I played 4 solo games last night before taking a break to watch the football game. Lost all 4 quite badly but had a wonderful time doing it. I wish I had bought the game awhile back when I first started checking it out here on the geek.

Great Game! I look forward to many more solo plays and hopefully finding another person to take a chance to learn it and get some 2 player games in as well.

I really enjoy the solitaire rules in TGS as well. It plays quite differently from Keldon's AI as you have now seen. More like 2 separate, but related games.

I tried to get my wife to play once, but it ended up being one of the roughest new game experiences we've ever had. And this from a girl who slogged through Fury of Dracula and Arkham Horror (and liked them) with only having the standard Monopoly/Scrabble type gaming experience prior. Maybe with some more time she will be amenable to another attempt.

edjrjr wrote:

I can relate to you there. I'm a firefighter on the other side of the coin. I fight wildland fires for the gov't through the spring, summer, and fall. Most of my coworkers probably share similarities to your coworkers. Most of the old guys have no use for silly games involving cardboard, plastic, and dice. I've had some luck with the younger ones, but so far I don't have a fully developed nerd herd following me around.

But you do have a great job for gaming with coworkers if you could convince any of them. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
United States
flag msg tools
1 Player hardcore
badge
Lone Warrior
mbmbmbmbmb
edjrjr wrote:

I hate poker. Where's the thematic art, destruction of your enemies, and buckets of dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edjrjr wrote:

Chess perhaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blank Francis
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edjrjr wrote:

You probably know this already but RftG is probably not the game to sway them geekside. Try something like The Resistance: Avalon, something with high player interaction and lots of table talk.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.