Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Lernout
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My kickstarter package arrived yesterday morning and it was a long haul through work that day until I got home to unsleeve my first edition and then proceed to sleeve up the Enhanced, Promos, and Infernal Relics.

I was a bit disappointed I couldn't get everything into the enhanced box, however mine wasn't as extreme as some reports (my sleeved cards still fit inside the width). I managed to get all the Heroes and Environments in the Enhanced Box and brought out a spare card box to house the villain decks. The dividers are great as are the oversized villain cards. Can't wait to hit the table with the new fresh coats of paint.

I love most of the redone artwork, with some key exceptions. I don't know if it is the result of the card stock or color levels, but when comparing the enhanced edition to my previous edition copy the inks are much darker. It matches Rook City stuff fairly well, but a lot of line details in the illustrations are lost. The worst offenders seem to be anything where lighting blooms appear - the printed image has this effect where it looks overexposed to the point that it can be hard to even make out a lot of the art on the card. Unfortunately, the most apparent card where this happens is the front of Fanatic's Hero card. I can make out her head and hands, but the rest of the card is just a giant explosion of light than drowns out details. Her wings are almost completely blotted out and it's just painful to look at when I've got the first edition card readily nearby. It bugs me so much I'll probably swap the two. There are a few other instances where the bright flashes are simply overbearing on the art, but none are as esily swappable as they are part of the deck.

Is anyone else put off by the overbearing presence of light on some of the enhanced cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne McCaul
United States
Norton
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really disappointed with the improved Fanatic. I feel like it totally wiped out the beauty of that particular hero card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Lernout
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After further poking around, I also found this:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/859326/card-tonebrightne...

(Missed it since it was in the Infernal Relics sub-forum, even though it clearly is talking about the Enhanced Edition.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, obligatory:

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=222
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driver 8
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boo, after taking a second look at Fanatic, I'm sad. Same is true for some of Tempest's cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donnie Williams
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am VERY put off by the new lighting effects they did with this "enhanced" edition. I much prefer my old cards look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Cale
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.
mbmbmb
Many of the Wraith cards are much more overexposed than the Fanatic cards, imo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.