Ut
flag msg tools
designer
I paid 100 geek gold...
badge
and all I got was this lousy OverText
mbmbmbmbmb
I played two games over lunch today.

The first game was with Shane and Jeff (it was Shane's first game) and I ended it on the third turn through having some interesting draw luck and getting dealt Tawhiri with enough goods on the table to buy 23 points in one turn.

The second game was played with Kent (It was his first game), who built up a large economy by drawing solely from the blue deck every turn and then ended four turns in by luckily drawing Tawhiri two turns in a row.

After playing two games in a row where a lucky Tawhiri draw was the deciding factor, I wonder if it is too powerful for the base game (where there are not that many gods, so any god is likely to come up a reasonable amount of the time).

I need to see if Tawhiri can beat a player that goes all out Trading (and has reasonable luck). If it can, perhaps it is too powerful.

I worry a little that playtesting all thouse months with every expansion at the same time made the whole game balanced (when the whole game was there), but didn't help to improve the balance of the individual sets.

Additionally, Jeff got a lot of special cards and they didn't help him tremendously. Perhaps I need to make them less expensive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.