Subject: Where exactly can a general re-enter? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
Netherlands
's-Hertogenbosch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More specifically: Can a French general re-enter the map in a conquered Austrian major fortress?

Your help would be much appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Baker
United States
Ocean Springs
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Games with dragons, spaceships, and bears aren’t wargames. Call them conquest games or strategy games or crap but they aren’t wargames.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe so based upon para 13 bullet 5 which says "HIS power's major fortresses...".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter van Heumen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
But doesn't make conquering it a French major fortress?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Baker
United States
Ocean Springs
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
Games with dragons, spaceships, and bears aren’t wargames. Call them conquest games or strategy games or crap but they aren’t wargames.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sumomo wrote:
But doesn't make conquering it a French major fortress?

Based upon 19.1 bullet 1 I’d say no the fortresses you conquer can’t be used to bring pieces on the board. The cited bullet makes a specific exception to the rule, which implies you normally can’t. I’m sure the designer will weigh in on this question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Generals may re-enter on major fortresses in their power's home country
(provided the major fortress is friendly controlled and the result would not be an illegal stack.)

(I realize that the german original rules are better written than the english translation, since there I used "home country" and not "his". Sorry for that, and thank you for pointing it out. )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.