Last Night on Earth: Timber Peak» Forums » Rules

Subject: Stand alone Timber Peak with vanilla scenarios? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas W
Sweden
Årsta
flag msg tools
Im about to try this myself but I wanted to bring it up just to start a discussion. I'm keen on trying Timber Peak alone but using old scenarios. Question is if it's designed to work?

The most obvious thing where a problem could arise is in a scenario like Burn Em Out. The heroes need explosives to destroy zombie pits. In the vanilla game each explosive is a single hero card (4 of them spread out in the deck). Timber Peak uses the marker system where one hero card equals 3 explosives (2 cards in the deck equals 6 explosives with the possibility to restock).

Now, does this mean that the scenario becomes too easy for the heroes or is the zombie deck designed to even this out?

Similar balance issue might occur in the scenario Burn it to the ground.

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Li
Canada
flag msg tools
I believe the rule book addresses this, however I dont' have it on me, so I can't confirm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas W
Sweden
Årsta
flag msg tools
No it doesnt really, thing is if mixed with the vanilla decks everything will probably be balanced, but I kind of like playing with less cards and prefer the marker system from Timber Peak in front of the single card system so I would LIKE it to work.

As the dynamite crate is double handed maybe you might say it gets balanced because the hero is hampered by not getting many items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonnie Hedqvist
Sweden
Ljusdal
Hälsingland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't tried it myself yet, but maybe a houserule of that it takes 2 dynamites from the crate to blow up a spawn pit. That way you need to find both crates (or pick up the old one) to be able to blow up all the pits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.