Subject: Two attackers on the same target rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have two units attacking the same unit but my first attack brings the enemy on the retreat and outside the reach of my second attacker, do I still get to do my second attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
If I have two units attacking the same unit but my first attack brings the enemy on the retreat and outside the reach of my second attacker, do I still get to do my second attack?

If you can see some other unit from your second ordered unit, they can still attack. Remember, you don't declare the target of your attack at the same time as you order your unit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Your remaining unit must either attack another unit or forfeit its attack. In the Commands & Colors games, choosing the order of your attacks is very important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many perfectly laid plans have been foiled by the dreaded retreat...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Smith
United States
Kokomo
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:

I asked this very question during a conversation I had with Richard Borg this year at GenCon. His answer was that the second unit does get an attack as long as a target is in range. It does not lose its attack as long as there is something in range that it can attack. It cannot attack the enemy unit that retreated out of range.

And what Chris said three responses up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, seems like we played it correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Smith
United States
Kokomo
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a situation comes up again where two units are targeting the same enemy unit and are the same distance away you can't know if you will not be able to target the enemy if a retreat is rolled. If they are a different distance away from the enemy unit, make sure to fire with the farther away unit first. That way, if a retreat if rolled it is more likely that the 2nd unit will be able to target the unit again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.