Subject: Poll on Combined Storage -- Horizontal or Vertical? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan D.
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
Poll
When consolidating your Dominion set, do you prefer storing the cards Horizontally or Vertically?
I haven't consolidated yet -- I will probably go Horizontal when I do
I haven't consolidated yet -- I will probably go Vertical when I do
I haven't consolidated yet -- I will be indifferent about the orientation when I do
I haven't consolidated yet -- I have no plans to consolidate
I consolidated Horizontally -- I have no regrets
I consolidated Horizontally -- I wish I went with Vertical instead
I consolidated Vertically -- I have no regrets
I consolidated Vertically -- I wish I went with Horizontal instead
I consolidated without orientation (eg. a pile of baggies in a box)
      75 answers
Poll created by iLag

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Diagonal FTW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Spiral.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Just curious why the aversion to the vertical storage. The only difference I can see is if you made up horizontal dividers already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The preliminary results seem to resoundly suggest the answer: "Who cares?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Laufer
United States
Millington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Just curious why the aversion to the vertical storage. The only difference I can see is if you made up horizontal dividers already.
Fitting fat fingers into a 2 inch wide opening is significantly harder than fitting them in a 3.5 inch opening. Also, my preferred storage solution is too short to fit them vertically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan D.
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
gonzoron wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Fitting fat fingers into a 2 inch wide opening is significantly harder than fitting them in a 3.5 inch opening. Also, my preferred storage solution is too short to fit them vertically.

I use tweezers which makes it VERY easy! Tweezers would probably help the horizontal-storage people too. Yes, it's VERY geeky

I consolidated vertically and I love it. I see the following benefits of vertical storage over horizontal:

1.) By increasing the depth of the storage box just a tad, I can store a lot more cards than I could in horizontal orientation. This is especially important now that my dominion set is reaching 3000 cards (including all expansions and promo cards to date)! Guilds will likely add another 150 cards, and then the final expansion another 500.

2.) I can read the cards without turning my head sideways

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guilds will finish it. You won't need those 500.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan D.
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
rickert wrote:

I was always under the impression that there would be one more big release? Is Dark Ages really the last big expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iLag wrote:
rickert wrote:

I was always under the impression that there would be one more big release? Is Dark Ages really the last big expansion?

Yes. right now Donald has no plans to do any more sets past Guilds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Fox
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mb
rickert wrote:

But we all know he's just setting us up for a huge surprise when they release a 2000 card expansion next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan D.
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
rickert wrote:
iLag wrote:
rickert wrote:

Thanks for the heads up -- I guess I have plenty of room then

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Laufer
United States
Millington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
iLag wrote:
I use tweezers which makes it VERY easy!
Tweezers? Do you pull out the cards one at a time? Metal tweezers, like you'd remove a splinter with? Doesn't that dent the cards and/or sleeves (if any)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan D.
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
gonzoron wrote:
iLag wrote:
I use tweezers which makes it VERY easy!
Tweezers? Do you pull out the cards one at a time? Metal tweezers, like you'd remove a splinter with? Doesn't that dent the cards and/or sleeves (if any)?

Yeah, I just use regular metal tweezers that I picked up at a dollar store. They kind of look like this:

The tweezers are spaced to pick up 10-12 cards at a time, which is perfect for a set of Kingdom Cards. It's a lot easier than using your fingers and you can pack the cards in nice and tight. I don't sleeve, and I don't think there would ever be an issue with scratching unless you were really aggressive or squeezed REALLY hard.

If you want to see my tweezers in action, check out the video in my storage solution post (tweezers start at about 0:35)

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/862999/my-dominion-storage-s...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rummy LeBeau
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'm currently consolidating, and I'm going horizontal; but that's due to the box I'm going into - vertical just won't work.

EDIT:I should add, one day I've love to do a briefcase conversion/storage - in that event if it works I might go vertical if space allows. However if it'll work horizontal I'd do that too, as I will have the tabs/dividers already setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.