Miranda Folland
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the event tile, Early Warning Signs, do all players' ships gain 1 capacity or do just the exploring player's ships gain 1 capacity?

For the event tile, Irresponsible Executives, does each player end up with as many technologies as they originally had, or do the technologies just get dealt out clockwise until they run out? I'm sure hoping that by the word "evenly", you meant "fairly" as in each player getting as many techs as they started with. (If not, I guess they surely were Irresponsible Executives.)

BTW, we played our first game, with 6 players and all the expansions. It was quite the learning game and we couldn't finish of course. It would have taken hours. I see how the game was originally meant for 4 players. Everyone wants to play again however, but with fewer players. There were a few complaints of too much randomness though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wombat Sanders
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mb
For Early Warning Signs, ALL ships gain 1 capacity, not just the exploring player's ships.

For Irresponsible Executives, the technologies are intended to be randomly dealt clockwise until they run out.

Glad to hear that everybody liked the game, at least!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad L
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ran into the Irresponsible execs event in our game last night too --- totally destroyed the whole game imho. I think we will remove it from being a possible event permanently.

But before I do that the question of licenses came up -- if you had licensed a tech, does the license stay on the tech no matter where it goes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wombat Sanders
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mb
The licenses go with the techs, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems like a very strange event: is the intent to punish and disrupt the actual owners of the technology more than the licensees, and people coming late in the turn more than those coming early? Because having this come up in the Fleet Phase means that the plans of late-turn players who were making plans centering around their own technologies are more disrupted than those of licensees and early players.

If that is not, in fact, the intent, and the event is meant to be more of a spoiler that is equally applied to everybody's long-term plans, rather than doing so and in addition randomly and unevenly applying to people's short term plans, should the event be reinterpreted/errata'd to apply after the end of the Fleet phase, instead, and clear licenses, as well?

Furthermore, is it correct to interpret this card as *not* falling under the purview of things that Patent protects a technology from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.