No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
in one day's game session (let's say weekend when you got free time like 2-5 hours to play games)

How do you play LOTR:LCG ?

Poll
1. how long's your LOTRLCG session last ?
less than 1 hour
1 - 2 hr
2 - 3 hr
3+ hr
no comment
2. How many 'game' or 'scenario' can you play in one sitting (assuming you got the time) ?
2-5
5-10
10+ (Especially when i test decks)
no comment
3. How do you play LOTR:LCG in your free time ?
i play primarily LOTRLCG in my free time
i mix other games in my free time
LOTRLCG just a sideshow
no comment
4. WHat happen if you lost few games / scenarios continuously with your deck(s) ?
I tried to create a winning deck and try again till i won
I ask in BGG forum / Google best deck for certain scenario
I walk away in disgust / frustration and quit LOTRLCG for the day
I shelved LOTRLCG for few days/weeks/months/ Take a break from LOTRLCG
no comment
      102 answers
Poll created by dprijadi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ys jo
msg tools
lol this poll makes me realize how addicted I am to this game.

My last LotR frenzy was when I was modifying my general deck to beat Shadow and Flame with absolute minimum tweak, hence still be general and do well in other quests.

That took me pretty much entire weekend.... and I'm not even sure if I was actually having 'fun' or torturing myself, but boy does the time fly by when I play this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I first saw the topic title, I read it as "Poll : How many LOTRLCG game questions can you tolerate in 1 day ?".

And no, this is not meant as some kind of subtle criticism.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanee wrote:
When I first saw the topic title, I read it as "Poll : How many LOTRLCG game questions can you tolerate in 1 day ?".

And no, this is not meant as some kind of subtle criticism.

Bye
Thanee

that will be in the next poll

and the next poll will be how many poll you can tolerate in 1 day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nice poll result.. seems like most ppl prefer 1 or 2 hours play and 2-5 game session for LOTRLCG.

good way not to burn out on this game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Crompton
United Kingdom
St Helens
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this is the only game I own that when I get it set up I am awed and slightly intimidated. Love it but it isn't a laugh !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
philcrompton wrote:
this is the only game I own that when I get it set up I am awed and slightly intimidated. Love it but it isn't a laugh !

im intimidated even before i open the LOTRLCG box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek A. K.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
I love this game, but there's only so much frustration I can take.

Typically I step away for a day or so and come back recharged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shipprekk wrote:
I love this game, but there's only so much frustration I can take.

Typically I step away for a day or so and come back recharged.

why do people,come back to LoTr lcg after the beating they took ???? im back now..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Judd
United States
Wright City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I just noticed this poll after your most recent post. I wish I was able to choose multiple answers though, especially on the last question!

When I am seriously struggling against a scenario (or against multiple scenarios in a row), I will usually first look at the scenario and try to figure out why I am struggling against it and see if I can't identify a way to approach it better, modifying my deck for that scenario.

After that if I am still struggling, I will go to BGG to get general ideas how to tackle the scenario I'm struggling with. I won't copy someone else's deck entirely. If I can find one using the same or similar heroes that I am trying to use, I will look at their deck and maybe incorporate some of the cards that they used into my own.

At one point when I first hit The Watcher in the Water and couldn't complete it using just the cards available to up to those releases, I struggled so much that I did decide just to shelf the game for a while. That "a while" ended up being 4-5 months, although I did pop it out once after a month or two to skip ahead and try The Long Dark (with the same results).

But now I have decided to use every card I own (I felt guilty just leaving the Hobbit cards untouched as well as the last two Dwarrowdelf packs), and am back to playing it frequently again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey mark, your experiences definitely mirrors mine and others...

and nice nice nice avatar.. Farside's cow?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.