Miranda Folland
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the Temporal-Spatial Gymnastics event, can the player choose themselves? Can they pick one of their own regions? Can Earth be one of the regions? Because the card says "may", I suppose it's likely another player would choose to do nothing. I really don't see the benefit of this event if the exploring player can't choose themselves and the chosen player may choose to do nothing. The chosen player may even choose to use this action to hurt the exploring player. Was this the intention?

For the Asteroid Mining technology, does the owner gain 2R when any player's ship ends its activation in an Asteroid Field region, or just when their own ship does? What if more than one player owns an Asteroid Mining technology card? How does licensing this card work then? What if it's in the public domain? These questions came up when one player licensed this tech from another. He ended his ship movement in an Asteroid Field and gained 2R. The player owning the tech also gained 2R, as well as another player who also had an Asteroid Mining tech card. The six of us were split on the interpretation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wombat Sanders
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mb
For Temporal-Spatial Gymnastics, the exploring player must choose another player. The exploring player may choose any Region on the map, including Earth. The exploring player then selects another player. The second player may then swap the chosen Region with any other Region on the map. If the exploring player chooses poorly, they could certainly be hurt by the decisions made. This is a situation where it is worth noting that bribery is acceptable within the rules.

The owner of the Asteroid Mining technology only receives 2R when any ship which they control ends its activation in an Asteroid Field Region.

I've added both of these issues to the list for clarification in future printings, thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.