Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michi Dee
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

played Innovation first time and loved it.. quick question which will decide whether I or my wife won

If there are several Dogma effects, can you only perform lets say the second one, if you could perform the first one, or is it possile to skip effects??

Thanks alot,
Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you activate a card, you *have* to do all Dogmas on it, in order. Let's say a card has two Dogma actions; you do action I, then you do action II. For each non-Demand action, if your opponent has enough icons, she shares it, but again- in order. So, if your opponent shares the icon, she does action I, you do action I, then she does action II, you do action II.

If an action says "you may...", then your opponent chooses whether to do it or not, then you choose whether to do it or not.

(Hope this clarifies it, it's past midnight and I'm exhausted If not hopefully some will do a better job)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You start from the top and do them all. Sometimes a dogma may not actually have an effect, but you don't get to pick & choose which dogmas to execute on a card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michi Dee
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot. Actually I have to rephrase my question a bit, since I had another question.

Lets say there are three dogma effects.
The first one says "take a 2", for example.

There are no 2s left. The first Dogma action cannot be performed. Can you then go on to the second effect or did you get stuck, cause you coudn't do number one? I think one can go on, but I am not sure..

Thanks again for helping me out,
Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Meehee Dee wrote:
Thanks a lot. Actually I have to rephrase my question a bit, since I had another question.

Lets say there are three dogma effects.
The first one says "take a 2", for example.

There are no 2s left. The first Dogma action cannot be performed. Can you then go on to the second effect or did you get stuck, cause you coudn't do number one? I think one can go on, but I am not sure..

Thanks again for helping me out,
Michael

A fundamental rule of Innovation is that if you had to 'draw a 2' and there are no 2's, you draw a 3 instead. If there were no 3's you draw a 4, etc.

You do the 1st Dogma effect to the best of your ability. Then the next, and then the next until they are all completed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Skov
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember the first unwritten golden rule:
Do all you can, Ignore the rest.

Also remember that you draw from the next pile up if a pile is empty
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michi Dee
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got it now and my wife won..
(she likes this game which is the most important of all).

Thanks a lot to all of you!
Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Australia
Rockhampton
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nom_ wrote:
Remember the first unwritten golden rule:
Do all you can, Ignore the rest.

Also remember that you draw from the next pile up if a pile is empty

Pretty sure this is actually written in my ruleset.

--

So yes Michi if you have a card that says

(L) Do A

(L) Do B

A is impossible for you, but B isn't. Your opponent outnumbers your leaves.

Your opponent does A & then B, and then you do B and take a draw action.

As far as I know if A & B are impossible for you, but your opponent can share, you can still dogma the action to get your draw reward (and maybe screw up their board).

You can even do the dogma if no one can participate... but that's normally called "passing".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend skimming through the unofficial FAQ on the rules section. Don't read the comments for each card, but the first half should be useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.