5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: For my next birthday.... need advice / suggestions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
Since I didn't have enough money to buy the games that I wanted on my last trip to the US, I figured that I can wait for my next birthday. A friend of mine is coming to my country to visit (like he does every year) and as every year he asks me what I want, I tell him the games and he orders them for me and brings it with him. but he buys within a budget of $80. that includes tax and shipping, He can't go more than that

The games that I wanted to get were

Qwirkle
Lord of the Rings; the card game + expansaions HfG and RtM

so when I started to come up with what I can get for my birthday, these games came to mind. But then I started thinking of other games. There was the expansion for Pandemic called On the Brink. I would like that to add to my Pademic game. And then I found something new called Level 7 [Escape] and that is designed to play for 1-4 players. 1 player meaning I can play solo. But it's a tough choice because that game is about $42.60 on amazon and I like it because it's a modular board.

So I already want Qwirkle no doubt. and for a Solo game I take the LotR card game

I can choose one more game but I can't go over $80 and thats where it gets hard for me

I'm okay for the first two and the LotR expansions, because I looked into them and I understand what they are all about. I don't know much about Level 7 at all and buying it would be a mistake even if it can be played solo, much like Dungeon Run can be a solo game which would be a mistake to buy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean Gagnier
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: For my next birthday....
Are you looking for advice? Or, is this more of a diary?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Heres
Israel
flag msg tools
Re: For my next birthday....
Advice.

and

Who said you can look into my diary

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Isaac,
I'm a bit confused, as I thought in your thread about your New York trip, you'd decided that board games weren't for you?

How many players will be playing the games with you? Solo, or more than that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

My advice?

1) Look for sales, and sites with free shipping. If you only get one order a year, you should stretch your bucks as far as you can. I don't find amazon to have any amazing deals, personally, but I'm also in Canada, and it's a whole different ballgame on amazon.ca

2) Look on here for thrifted games/trades; I recently got a copy of Qwirkle from someone for about $12 including shipping to my door since they found it at a thrift store.

Good luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.