Spicy Farkel» Forums » Rules

Subject: more examples for red dice? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Bob742
msg tools
War is a Racket - Maj Gen Smedley Darlington Butler d
mbmb
I wish the rules that came with the game had a couple extra examples.
We had some disagreements on how to work them.

"Every red side will double any score. A high-score combination may include two or three red dice and score very high."

So, if I roll three pairs, ordinarily is 1500 point with all white pips.
But if I roll three of those as red, will I double it 3x equalling 12,000? Or does it just double a total of one time for 3,000?

And what if I were to roll 3 sixes, one being the red one, along with a regular five and I want to stop rolling there? Does that double my entire roll to 1300 point? Or does it just double my 3 sixes to 1200 points and add on the 50 for a total of 1250?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patch S.
msg tools
I may be wrong, (me?), but what I understand is one red die is 2X, two is 4X, three is 8X, etc. The 3 sixes and a five, it is just on the dice that are affected. The sixes, (with one red), 1200, and the one five for 50. From what I have played and seen, it is what the players agree on. There are as many variants of Farkel, as names, as ways to play. Just do what you and yours agree on. However, be consistent, do not change from one event to another. Just my 2 cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.