lorien4 lorien4
Greece
Asprovalta
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My idea is that new villains could be created based on Dungeon Command monsters with high xp, 3 and 4. Why shouldn't we fight a Giant Spider or an Umber Hulk etc with their own tiles ? The tactics will be based mainly -I think- on the tactics of the original cards but that's not something to worry about.

A suggestion for Giant Spider: HP 12, AC 13. Tactics same as the original.

Many among us have proven many times that have the capability to create excellent villains (yes ChromaticDragon, it's you I'm implying).

Here is a challenge for villain makers!laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lorien, I see you've run out of villains to playtest.

I'm currently enjoying Dungeon Command (excellent game) and in fact am trying to adapt some figures from the adventure to Dungeon Command.

Your proposal is certainly a good idea especially with minis like the Umber Hulk and Horned Devil. While we await some creative idea (not implying from myself), here are some custom common Monsters which can be represented by some of the Dungeon Command minis (Sting of Lolth & Tyranny of Goblins).

Drow House Guard alternative

Drow Blademaster (the unique color scheme can differentiate it from the Duelists)

Umber Hulk somewhat resembles a Chuul

Hobgoblin Mage alternative

Drow Assassin alternative

Bugbear Berserker alternative

Demonweb Spider alternative

Shadow Mastiff alternative

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lorien4 lorien4
Greece
Asprovalta
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent work as always, !

I'm sorry I quit the Villain Beatdown without telling you.blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lorien4 wrote:

Are you kidding? No need to apologize please, that thread is a treasure trove of info on villain testing & design. It has obviously left you with a hankering for more villain blood! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nice cards! Where is a better version of Dinnin? We have a regular Drider now...cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stick up man wrote:
Nice cards! Where is a better version of Dinnin? We have a regular Drider now...cry

Been thinking about Dinin and reading 4e's Monster Manual.. maybe a web attack that causes a special Poisoned condition, it only does damage if Dinin is within 2 tiles (slashing darkness) but the Hero is also Immobilized/Slowed while the Poisoned condition is active. Dinin himself scuttles away after attacking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lorien4 lorien4
Greece
Asprovalta
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chromaticdragon wrote:
lorien4 wrote:

Are you kidding? No need to apologize please, that thread is a treasure trove of info on villain testing & design. It has obviously left you with a hankering for more villain blood! laugh

Thanks and lollaugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Sutherland
United States
Spring
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
chromaticdragon wrote:
Stick up man wrote:

Been thinking about Dinin and reading 4e's Monster Manual.. maybe a web attack that causes a special Poisoned condition, it only does damage if Dinin is within 2 tiles (slashing darkness) but the Hero is also Immobilized/Slowed while the Poisoned condition is active. Dinin himself scuttles away after attacking.

+1 for making this card. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.