Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kelly Krieble
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the one that costs 100 and gives 25 each OR.

The text on the card mentions that it may be traded in for one share of a company, and that if the share comes from the treasury of the company the bank pays for the share. Is this correct?

I actually used this to get a share of a company at 340 at the end of the game, paying nothing. It didnt seem quite right, but my opponents agreed with my interpretation based on the card text.

Did we play it correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think this power is mentioned in the rules. I wonder whether it should have been removed from the Guillaume-Luxembourg certificate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Geary
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
Curious. The card in my set doesn't say anything like that. It says:
Quote:
"Treated as a minor company in the initial auction. May be sold to Open Market and bought from the Open Market at face value during a Stock Round."

My rulebook ("Version 1.0, 4 October 2010", which is the latest version available for download from the publishers website) says essentially the same thing, slightly expanded, in section 3.2.5. Is section "3.2.5 The Guillaume-Luxembourg" in your rule book? If it is different from what the card says, keep in mind section 9, which includes: "In the event of conflict between the official rules and any components, the rules take precedence."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Krieble
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, not my game, and I dont have the exact text on the certificate. Played it with Vien the other night, so maybe he can reference the text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bien HBB
United States
Downingtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My set has a Guillaume-Luxemboug card that states:
Quote:
May be exchanged during stock round for a single share of stock (including half of a President's Certificate) - Bank pays Company share value if from Treasury.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Krieble
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx Vien. Anybody have a comment on the text he posted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
dr_divot wrote:
Thx Vien. Anybody have a comment on the text he posted?

I suspect the printing on Vien's certificate is a vestige of an earlier version of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.