Randy P
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

At the end of a campaign or quest, do the heroes get the search tokens and cards that were left on the board?

The players seem to think so. That way, they have a little money at the end of the quest to buy equipment. The logic is that they search the dungeon at the end of the quest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
Germany
flag msg tools
Move along, move along...
mbmbmbmbmb
No, this is one of the things were the heroes need to balance rushing to the objectives vs getting items & money. A search token is only revealed with a search action. If the quest ends without a token being turned over, they don't get the card for this token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps this belongs in the FAQ, considering how frequently it's asked.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/861429/search-areas-afte...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy P
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick replies guys. I did a quick search through the "rules" forum to see if it had been answered. I guess I missed it.

I noticed that my players are getting some nice loot around the 2-3 adventure with all the search cards they have gotten. Lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep - they need to actually spend the actions on getting the search tokens.

Heroes with a huge gold supply are very powerful, so it's important for the Overlord to either take advantage of their greed to win the encounter while they're looting, or do as much as possible to make them end the scenario before getting everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.