Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dark Foufou
France
Marseille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
After a rocket landing, i made an industrialization operation. I build an ET factory, take a refinery and a robonaut card and decommission them plus the generator [supports (8.2B) in the expanded game].

My generator serves for a thruster during rocket movement and for a robonaut during industrialization.

Well, if i want to lift off with my rocket, i haven't the generator because he is decommissioned. So, can i play my generator (white card) from
my hand to the rocket ?
Other option for my rocket ?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
White cards can only enter play by boosting them from your hand to LEO.

1. You can decommission your entire rocket and rebuild it in LEO

2. Outpost your current rocket and bring the generator from LEO to your outpost by way of a new rocket (usually a sail), or

3. Find a replacement generator (such as building one at your new factory)

I've probably missed some options, but that should get you going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Eklund
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannot play a white card to anywhere but LEO (using a Boost Op)

However, if you have a generator card that matches your site type of the factory, you could have your factory build the BLACK side using an ET Production operation... and then fly off with your fancy new high tech generator.

edit - oops beat to the punch
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I've come to have a very healthy respect for the black side of generator cards. They're often very efficient, and the best way to quickly get back to moving your material where you want to go. Reload that rocket with a black generator, refill it from the factory and send it back to Earth!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dark Foufou
France
Marseille
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot.

And I can also have two generators (one for my rocket and one for my industrialization).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forty One
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
After a rocket landing, i made an industrialization operation. I build an ET factory, take a refinery and a robonaut card and decommission them plus the generator [supports (8.2B) in the expanded game].

My generator serves for a thruster during rocket movement and for a robonaut during industrialization.

Well, if i want to lift off with my rocket, i haven't the generator because he is decommissioned. So, can i play my generator (white card) from
my hand to the rocket ?

No. white cards are boosted from your hand to LEO

Other option for my rocket ?

1)Build a new black generator. You have in your hand a card whose black side is a generator of the correct type for your rocket and it is the correct type to be built on the site (C,M,S,V). Make this card the factory's product, build it (ET production) and add card to your rocket stack at the factory. If its not in your hand is a suitable card available by auction.

2) Build a new black thruter. same as 1) but the factory product is a black thruster that works with out needing any new support or you have the correct support already on your rocket.

3) Build the generator on earth and ship it to your factory hex site. "er Houston can you send us a new generator". Assuming you don't have an outpost stack already ( if you do you will have to decommision the cards at it as you are only allowed one of each types of stack) take the cards from your rocket and move them to your outpost stack, thus creating your outpost at the same site hex as your factory If your crew card was part of you rocket it becomes a space colony at your factory. Create a new rocket in LEO by boosting the white generator card and a suitable white thruster card. Move this rocket to your factory site and land. Move what cards you want from your outpost stack to your rocket stack. You can remove the space colony to add your crew card back to the rocket stack.

4) Give up on the rocket. Take the cards from the rocket stack and either put them in your outpost stack as per 3 above or decommission them by putting them into your hand. Again as per 3) above your crew card can form a colony or if you are Chinese or you can conduct felonious acts you can decommission them aswell.

4) Ask another organisation (player) very nicely if they would deliver a generator to your site as you appear to have marooned your rocket. Price to be negotiated

Edit. Oops even slower to the punch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore

Washington
msg tools
brougnouff wrote:
Well, if i want to lift off with my rocket, i haven't the generator because he is decommissioned.

You probably figured this out from some of the other comments, but one-way missions are normal. The remnants of your rocket are frequently returned to your hand after building a factory. The rocket that brings factory parts never flies again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.