Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John F.
United States
Shelton
CT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was browsing at my local Barnes and Noble and happened to look behind their copies of the 30th edition of Survive and found a copy of the previous edition with the dolphins and dive dice. I hemmed and hawed about getting it since I have the latest edition, but finally decided to pick it up. I can bring one of the copies to use in my class when we have board game days as a reward and use the dolphins and dive dice with whichever copy I keep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Harper
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. This game has been on my radar and I checked my B&N today after reading your post. They had two copies of the new edition and one of the old one with dolphins which I promptly bought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John F.
United States
Shelton
CT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to be of help. I saw the old edition after I had already pre-ordered the 30th edition and almost bought it then but didn't. I was pretty sure they would make an expansion with the dolphin and dive dice. But after not hearing about anything planned I decided to just get the old edition when I saw they still had it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zombie Fan
msg tools
After seeing this post last night, I was lucky enough to find one last 2011 edition at the B&N a few towns over. One 60-mile roundtrip later and I'm a happy camper! Call around, you might get lucky like I did!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lucky you!

I'm desperately looking for the 2011 edition, but, as I live in Europe, chances of finding it is slim. Amazon.com doesn't carry it anymore and even Ebay listings only show the 30th Anniversary.

Anyone know a site that still has it (with fairly cheap shipping costs to Europe?)...

Hoped to find it at Essen, but once again, only the 30th Anniversary and the European equivalent The Island.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David & Kana Shiro
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I just wanted to comment that this still holds true; just picked up two copies of the 3rd edition at Barnes & Nobles today. So if you are still hunting the third edition, it is still quite possible to succeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.