• [+] Dice rolls
David Thornton
United States
Canby
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course they mark down War of the Ring two more dollars 2 days after I buy it from them!

Thursday UPROMISE50 was still taking $5.00 of orders over $50, so WotR is only $56 shipped if that still works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
At least this is a legitimate, serious price reduction... compared to last time's "$1 off a bunch of stuff."

Well, it's still mostly Tanga crap, of course.

[Edit, now that I've looked it over.]

So for the most part, this is "$2 off a bunch of stuff." But it's significant because they never undid a lot of the earlier sale prices. So the games that have been here for months are the cheapest they've been in a while.

I'm in the process of updating [Closed] Ye Olde Tanga Board Game Liste.

(Interesting note: they've listed [listitem=2216894]Martinique[/listitem], [listitem=2216883]The Swarm[/listitem], and [listitem=2216929]Hurry Cup[/listitem] in the sale, but these are the prices they've been for a while.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep being tempted by Age of Gods, but a lot of people say its a bad clone of Small World. Any opinions from my fellow tanga customers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
RhodesN7 wrote:
I keep being tempted by Age of Gods, but a lot of people say its a bad clone of Small World. Any opinions from my fellow tanga customers?

I bought it a while back (not from Tanga, from ToysForThought for IIRC $6) after an extremely glowing recommendation in a thread here. Played it once. Opinion is basically "meh". It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't very exciting or interesting. I probably won't ever play it again.

It's not a "clone" of Small World- while it shares some major similarities (chits on a map representing various fantasy races battling it out) it really has a pretty different feel. Players can control any race and the races that a player "owns" are kept secret until the end of the game (and you actual get dealt new races as the game progresses, so you might get one you've attacked earlier). It was sold to me as being an amazing game of sneaky deviousness but it certainly didn't feel that way to me.

I forget a lot of the game but it seemed like it didn't make any sense to try to be devious, and there was a rather high chance that an attack would do nothing (due to dice) and thus turns were pretty anticlimactic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dearborn Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Fizzgig need food badly!
badge
Click on Fizzgig to feed him a tasty snack. Nom, Nom, Nom!
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally committed to Bombay at this price. ($6 + $7 Shipping)

Thank you for the heads up. If it were not for these posts I would miss decent Tanga deals all together. I pretty much stopped checking the site personally when they changed their posting time for daily deals to the morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From my own experience, the following tanga games are pretty good and worth owning at the current sale price:

Bombay
Burrows
Duel in the Dark
Factory Fun
Golden City
Hornet
Hotel Samoa
Power Struggle
The Swarm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, in my experience Factory Fun is absolutely worth it. Power Struggle is one of the heavier titles, but fun once you get the hang of it. Bombay and Hotel Samoa were okay for the price.

Ones i wouldnt buy again for just even a $1 (mostly because of my lack of shelf space):
Burrows
Golden City
The Swarm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ralpher wrote:
From my own experience, the following tanga games are pretty good and worth owning at the current sale price:

Bombay
Burrows
Duel in the Dark
Factory Fun
Golden City
Hornet
Hotel Samoa
Power Struggle
The Swarm

Cities is a wonderful light game that plays in 20 minutes. Tien Zi Que is a fun two-player variant of Mahjong played with cards instead of tiles. Maste of Rules is fun, too.

Ralph's list is good, although I didn't like The Swarm at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Burrows isn't a bad game at all.

I absolutely detest seeing things listed as $0.99 (with $6.99 shipping). I realize that psychologically they'll get more sales by hiding the cost in the shipping, but come on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Boses
United States
Santa Fe
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RhodesN7 wrote:
Yea, in my experience Factory Fun is absolutely worth it...

Ones i wouldnt buy again for just even a $1 (mostly because of my lack of shelf space):
Burrows
Golden City
The Swarm

I had to pull the trigger on Factory Fun (and an extra copy for an xmas gift).

Golden City was the first game I ever got my wife and family to play. We only played a couple of times before they wanted to try other games but they enjoyed it enough to want to play others.
I totally credit that game with having lured my family into the 'board gaming' hobby. Just my 2 cents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner Thetford
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the thread and input, everyone. Pulled the trigger on Factory Fun, Power Struggle, Bombay, and Duel in the Dark!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I'll agree that the Swarm and Golden City are games that a collection can do without. Both don't have as many multiple paths to victory as they appear to have but at least the components are top-notch.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ralpher wrote:
Yes, I'll agree that the Swarm and Golden City are games that a collection can do without. Both don't have as many multiple paths to victory as they appear to have but at least the components are top-notch.

Definitely agree on that. The components are what originally sold me on the games, and I love the theme of The Swarm. Definitely won't be the last time I'm fooled by such gorgeous looking games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sturk
United States
Hudson
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that is cheap for Factory Fun. You get a lot of cardboard AND it is a pretty fun game! I think I paid $32 or so @ CSI and I thought it was worth it at that price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anyone in Washington DC want to split an order of Factory Fun?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lietz
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:
Burrows isn't a bad game at all.

I absolutely detest seeing things listed as $0.99 (with $6.99 shipping). I realize that psychologically they'll get more sales by hiding the cost in the shipping, but come on.

I agree. I've enjoyed playing Burrows with my 5yo daughter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
La Habra
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd happily pay full price for Factory Fun, OUTSTANDING game! Buy a copy if you haven't already.

So tempted to buy Duel in the Dark & Bombay... Not sure if I even have any shelf space left Golden City looks fun but likely blows with only two players I'm guessing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, it blows with two. Looks like the player designed two player variant is better than the one in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to everyone who recommended Factory Fun. That's one i passed right by without giving it even a first thought.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
w ferengie
msg tools
Thanks for the recs guys.
I just ordered and UPROMISE50 still worked.

UPROMISE50 takes $5.00 of orders over $50

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.