Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh
United States
San Anotnio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just bought this game and haven't played it yet. But I can't tell why the publisher decided to use big plain red blocks for the Mexican border tokens. Wouldn't it not be easier to use two d6 dice to keep track (or some other method that doesn't include 12 extra pieces)? I'm I missing something here...I don't even see these blocks as being thematic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Caple
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Horses for courses I think. I'd find it more fiddly to use 2 dice to be honest.

When all laid together neatly the tokens cover the picture of the border which is slowly revealed as this victory condition grows nearer.

I can tell you that Revolver 2 doesn't use big plain green blocks in this manner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trab
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What Leigh says. (And besides that, 2 D6 might not do the trick in each and every game, as it's possible that at a certain moment even 14 cubes are on the Mexican border :) ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bartjes wrote:
What Leigh says. (And besides that, 2 D6 might not do the trick in each and every game, as it's possible that at a certain moment even 14 cubes are on the Mexican border ).

I think you guys should've put another cube (or three) into Ambush on Gunshot Trail, just in case someone decided to go cube-happy with Pedro the Organ Grinder Monkey who adds a cube when played (and you can potentially play him three times for +3 cubes) .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
San Anotnio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bartjes wrote:
What Leigh says. (And besides that, 2 D6 might not do the trick in each and every game, as it's possible that at a certain moment even 14 cubes are on the Mexican border ).

I guess that's true. Nothing that a larger sided die wouldn't fix though. whistle

I'll try out the game sometime this week hopefully. Maybe the red blocks wont be so bad. I just always thought that when it came to games, the less extra pieces the better.

Thanks for all the replies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received my copy of Revolver and am confused about those Border Tokens.
There's 14 included, but only 12 are used for victory condition. The extra two are there to possibly increase above 12 tokens during the game, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, even the base game has 2 cards in the McReady deck to add a cube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.